Master Code First Alert Pro System

Old 01-02-07, 09:08 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Master Code First Alert Pro System

I just moved into a new house that has a First Alert Pro security system installed, i'm not sure where to look to get the model number but the keypad number is FA215. The previous owner bought the home from a builder (model home) and never had the master code, is there a way I can find out the code or reset it somehow? I looked in the brain box but didnt see a model number - there is also wiring for home speakers (trying to figure those out too) and home networking all in the same box.

Thank you!

Old 01-02-07, 04:20 PM
S
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Was there a label on the inside of the box lid? In the bottom center of that, should have been a model number (FA1xx). That number will help as far as how to put the master code in. In some versions, the master code was also the installer code (programmed in field *20), sometimes, the installer code was different from the master user code, and the installer code was needed to program the master user code. So, power the system down (disconnect the battery and a/c power), then power it back up. And during the first minute it's back on (you will see d1 on the keypad), press the * & # keys at the same time. If you are able to get in, you'll see 20 flash on the keypad. Press # 2 0, and it will beep out four digits (04, 05, 01, 04), then beep three times after the last one. That would make (in my example) the master code 4514. To change it, press * 2 0, then the four digit number you want. it will beep three times after the last digit, and you've changed the code. press * 9 9 to exit programming mode, and remember the code that's there. Then, if you can get us the model number, we can help you further. Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: