Galaxy 8 plus eng code required

Old 01-04-07, 03:56 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Galaxy 8 plus eng code required

Hi, firstly I'm based in the UK, secondly, apologies, if this forum can't or declines to answer this question.

After MUCH hassle and overcharging by ADT on their maintained alarm system in our house, we cancelled the contract. All was well till hubby accidentally triggered alarm last week. Now ADT want 140 to come out and give us the reset code! We already had to pursue 120 through a solicitor that they owed us!
We own the system but they have the all important code.
An error message shows
"Call alarm company and quote code 72146".

Can anyone help or do I have to bite the bullet and call ADT out?

Old 01-04-07, 09:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Check your contract. I bet it says ADT owns the system till the contract has been fulfilled.

ADT will unlikely give you the unlock codes. I would wait for MrRonFl to respond since he is a pro.

Old 01-04-07, 10:23 AM
K
Hi, thanks so much for replying.

No ADT have told me the system is mine but the reset code is chargeable !

I have subsequently found out the eng code (112233 ent) but when I do this (I enter this at the prompt on the display "alarm is active" when it continnuously beeps at me) nothing happens.

Might I be correct in thinking that because it was previously monitored by an alarm receiving centre that they are the only ones who can supply a code to enter onto the panel?

Old 01-04-07, 11:19 AM
Wait for Ron. He is a genious as these types of things. I'm sure he can give you a few codes and procedures to follow.

Just provide him with the alarm model along with the keypad brand and model.

Old 01-04-07, 05:53 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
This thing is made by Honeywell/Ademco, and the engineer/installer code will not disarm the system, and you can't access programming as long as it's armed. Just based on a quick read of the user manual for this system

It sounds like they dialed into the system when you cancelled, and lockout your existing user code.

From some previous communications with people in the UK, I don't think you have a lot of options. Apparently, in the UK, the laws and regulations heavily favor the installing company in these situations. As much as it galls, you will have to have them clear the system, at which point I would have them disable all of the remote programming protocals (and unplug the darned phone line).

Old 01-05-07, 12:03 AM
K
thanks guys for your incredibly swift replies.
ADT have an absolute monopoly over here and that wouldn't be so bad if their customer care and billing procedures were A1 but they're not!
As is the case with most monopolies we'll have to hope some small firm comes and shoots them out of the water and shakes them up a bit but till then...methinks I'm going to have to pay

many thanks once again

Old 01-05-07, 11:32 AM
You could probably buy and install a new alarm system for cheaper then paying ADT to give you a unlock code.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: