Admeco 6128 keypad upgrade to 6148

Old 01-24-07, 08:04 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Admeco 6128 keypad upgrade to 6148

I have an ADT alarm system with 2 of the 6128 keypad that are starting to act up (buttons not always working). I have picked up 2 of the Ademco 6148 keypads that are supposed to be used to upgrade the 6128.
When I change the keypads will i need to set the address in the new ones? The instructions say that to check the current address to hold keys "1" and "3" for three seconds. The thing is, that the reason I am replacing the keypads is that one of them I am having issues with the #1 button. If the "1" key doesn't work is there a way to tell what the address is or is it a guessing game?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-07, 04:37 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
It depends on the model system you have. Many of the older ones use the keypads in non-addressable mode.

Old 01-25-07, 03:57 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I checked the address of the working keypad before the swap and figured since it was set at the default "31" that it would be an easy job. I cut the old connector out. Installed the new keypad and I was good to go. No issues, no problems. Two new panels in 10 minutes. It was so easy, the wife wants me to add another panel

The system is about 7 yrs old.