Safewatch Pro 3000 - SYSTEM LO BAT

Old 02-22-07, 07:26 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Safewatch Pro 3000 - SYSTEM LO BAT

First time post here... My system shows the SYSTEM LO BAT error. Based on other threads, it seems like I simply need to change the system battery. So, here are a few questions for this seemingly simple task:

1) Where can I get a battery? Radio Shack?
2) Can I disconnect the battery and bring it with me or will this set off the house alarm?
3) If I "do nothing" for a week or two, will a completely drained system battery trigger the house alarm?

Coincidently, I have been having some house AC problems. If the alarm was being impacted by this AC problem, would I see an "AC LOSS" or "NO AC" error?

Sorry for the all the questions....

Old 02-23-07, 09:54 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 265 Upvotes on 244 Posts
You can get these batteries at a number of places RS is one, battery suppliers like Interstate often sell directly to the public. Local alarm dealers often sell them over the counter. Many home centers stock them because they are used in things like UPS systems and emergency lighting.

The battery is already dead or dying, disconnecting it won't hurt anything, theres no tamper switch on the circuit.

The only time a weak battery can really get you into trouble is if there is a power outage. Sometimes (rarely) a very weak battery can cause false alarms on things like motion detectors and glassbreaks. _Very_ rarely the right conditions can cause the programming to get "scrambled". This is less of an issue for a system as new as yours, as they have a low voltage shutdown circuit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: