Safewatch Pro 3000 and Homelink

Old 03-25-07, 07:06 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Safewatch Pro 3000 and Homelink

Hello,
I recently purchased a new vehicle(2007 Toyota Camry) with a Homelink transmitter. I have been successful in getting the Homelink to work with my garage door. Getting that to work was pretty simple. I would like to program the other two buttons on the Homelink to arm and disarm my security system(Safewatch Pro 3000). Not sure what model number is of the security system. How can I determine this?

I currently have two keyfobs(Adembo Model 5804) that can be used to arm and disarm the system so I know the sytem has a wireless receiver. Looks like they go to zone 16-19 and 20-23. They system was installed by a security company about 6-7 years ago. I remember watching the install and noticed at the time that all the parts where Ademco parts. What is the process for getting the Homelink to be able to arm/disarm the system?

Thanks for any help,

Rick

Old 03-25-07, 08:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
I'm not familier with the homelink system, but the SW-3000 is a slightly modified Honeywell/Ademco Vista-20p.

Old 03-25-07, 08:43 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Info on Homelink

Below is the info that I can fine on the Homelink system with regards to Security Systems (I am hoping to not having to call a local dealer):

Programming Security Systems

To tie an existing or new home security system into the convenience of your vehicle's HomeLink Wireless Control System, simply arrange installation through your local security dealership of the ITI brand HomeLink Security Interface.

The HomeLink Security Interface is engineered exclusively by ITI, a leading manufacturer of state-of-the-art security systems for commercial and residential use.

The interface is compatible with many brands of security systems, including the ITI brand.

For dealer locator information or additional comments and questions, please visit our Web site at www.homelink.com.

Old 03-26-07, 05:33 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
That sounds like there's an add on reciever module involved.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: