Alarmed in Ohio

Old 04-01-07, 01:39 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Alarmed in Ohio

Hello,

We just moved here and our new house has an alarm system. It is a Concord Express 60-608 95r. In the process of learning more about it (I do not have the code for it) I activated the "TEST" buttons and of course enjoyed the VERY LOUD alarm signal. Which I cancelled by removing the power and battery power from the main board. I had the complete power off for about an hour before I decided to reconnect and now I have nothing showing on the keypad.

Can I reset and start from scratch some how or do I need to just call a service tech?

Old 04-01-07, 02:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Does the keypad light up at all?

Old 04-01-07, 03:17 PM
N
Unhappy No light

There is no light at the keypad.

Old 04-01-07, 03:59 PM
G
You actually triggered a keypad panic alarm...The panel test is 8+code+3

Originally Posted by new2ohio View Post
Hello,

We just moved here and our new house has an alarm system. It is a Concord Express 60-608 95r. In the process of learning more about it (I do not have the code for it) I activated the "TEST" buttons and of course enjoyed the VERY LOUD alarm signal. Which I cancelled by removing the power and battery power from the main board. I had the complete power off for about an hour before I decided to reconnect and now I have nothing showing on the keypad.

Can I reset and start from scratch some how or do I need to just call a service tech?

Old 04-01-07, 07:29 PM
N
No Code Known

I do not have the code but I would like to set this system to work.

Is it possible to reset the system and put in a new code and use it with out a service company?

Last edited by new2ohio; 04-02-07 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-02-07, 06:27 AM
N
HELP to reset.............

Originally Posted by new2ohio View Post
I do not have the code but I would like to set this system to work.

Is it possible to reset the system and put in a new code and use it with out a service company?
Can anyone help?

Old 04-02-07, 08:31 AM
G
You can reset the system (won't wipe out the dealer code, but if you just want a non-reporting system, not a big deal), but you will lose all the programming that is in the panel and will have to re-program it yourself. If you look closely at the control panel motherboard, you will see 2 "short points" that will be labeled "memory clear". You need to put a screwdriver across these points while you apply power to the system. Keep the srewdriver on these points for a good 5-10 seconds. This will clear the memory and set your installer code to 4321 and your master code to 1234.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: