networx nx-6 control panel - need to reset program code

Old 04-27-07, 03:47 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry networx nx-6 control panel - need to reset program code

So get this - the security company came to my house to initialize my nx-6 control panel for my new home. But i had vonage and they couldnt get it to work. So finally I cancelled vonage and got a standard analog line. They came back, but they couldnt remember the program code they set!!! They said my only option is to buy a new board for $250-260 dollars. Because they feel bad about my situation, they are willing to do it for $100.

Is there ANY WAY to reset to program code back to factory? Dip switches? Shorting something out , anything?

Thank you so much...
-Dave

Old 04-27-07, 05:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You call them back and tell them to figure the code out. You do not need to pay for their negligence.

Try to enter *8 9713 and see if that works.

Old 04-28-07, 09:54 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
The NX-586 direct connect device bypasses the program code to access the programming with the DL software.

_They_ buggered up the system by changing the install code, they should eat any costs involved.

Old 04-28-07, 04:26 PM
P
Can't be reset externally. Keeps another company from "taking over" an existing system.

The company needs to eat this one. And if they won't, turn em in to your state's alarm licensing board.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: