Help Integrating Ademco 5827BD into V15P with 6150RF Keypad

Old 05-05-07, 08:31 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help Integrating Ademco 5827BD into V15P with 6150RF Keypad

Hi Need some assitance getting my 5827BD wireless keypad working with my new alarm system that uses the 6150ARF keypad as the receiver and transmitter.

Specs:
V15P Admeco alarm system
6150RF keypad with integrated 5800TM transmitter and reciever
2 wireless motions
3 wired door contacts
2 wireless keyfobs

I have tried following the instructions that came with the 5827BD that I purchased on Ebay. It came with a discrete 5800TM module. I , however, have a 5800tm module built into my keypad. So, I should not need this. The instructions say to program in to the 5827 the house ID for the 5800TM. I cannot find this house ID anywhere, and I do not know how to check for it anywhere. Looking at the instructions for the 6150RF keypad, it goes through the initial programming sequence where the house ID is assigned and the 5800TM module is enabled or disabled. But after the power is hooked up, you cannot get into programming mode, it only allows you to get into "user mode". It says that will get into the keypad programming mode if you press 1 &3 together 30 seconds after applying power.

Here is the issue, my system is monitored. It seems to me though that I could reenter programming mode to see the house ID assigned and whether or not the the 5800tTM is enabled if I were to cut the power to the KP then enter programing mode. Will this, however, set off my alarm if I cut the power? That is what I am afraid of.

Anyhow, any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to have to pay $100 for the security co. to come out to pram this thing in for me.

Old 05-05-07, 09:44 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The easiest way to enter programing is to trip the tamper on the keypad by removing from the base and Press 1+3. Follow the instruction for the 5160rf to enabe the transmitter.

Old 05-05-07, 08:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Ok, first, you will not trip an alarm by powering down this system. The most you will do is send a low battery signal. All you need to do is call the monitoring center and ask that all signals for your account be put on "test" or "log only" for however long you wish (I swear that no one gives the end users proper instructions on how to _use_ their monitoring accounts....<grump...grump...!>)

In any case, the default setting for one of these keypad receivers is for the House ID to come from the one programmed into the main alarm control, so you don't need to pull it out of the keypad, you get it from the alarm system main programming.

If this system has never had such a feature active, you have to actually pick one (any number between 01 and 31). You go into system programming (installer code + 8 + 00), and enter *24 xx (xx being the ID you chose). Then exit system programming with *99.

If you don't have the install manual for the overall system, you should get one. This is a pretty common system. Just websearch with the phrase "install manual vista 15p".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: