door contact issue

Old 05-26-07, 04:18 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
door contact issue

I just installed a DSC Power 832. I think programming went well but I am having an issue with door contacts. I have 4 doors, each on it's own zone, none more than 50' from the panel. They are all programmed as delay 1 and I have the door chime on. I found that there is a 3-5 second gap during which the doors can be opened and closed without activating the chime (or setting off the alarm when armed). The gap varies with each door. I am not using end of line resistors and have section [013] option [1] on. Is this a programmng or wiring issue?

If it makes any difference, I also have a glass break sensor on it's own zone for a total of 5 zones being used.

Old 05-26-07, 07:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
How far are you opening the door until it chimes? I know on one of my doors, it usually has to be open 6-10" before it chimes.

How close do you have your contacts?

Old 05-27-07, 07:40 AM
F
The contacts have no more than 1/4 inch gap. I can open the doors all the way, step through, and close them behind me without activating the alarm.

Old 05-28-07, 01:32 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Are these wireless zones or hardwired? I have often found that DSC wireless sometimes has that kind of delay. There is really no adjustment for the zone response time that I am aware of, other that being able to set zone 1 as a "fast" response zone (typically used for odd stuff like vibration sensors). The default response time is 500milliseconds (about 1/2 second)

Old 05-28-07, 01:42 PM
D
dmm
Where are the contacts installed on the door jamb?

If they are installed on the latch/lock side, when the contacts seperate, they seperate immediately as the door is opened.

If they are installed on the hinge side, when the contacts seperate, they seperate more slowly the door is opened because of the arc/swing of the door (the magnet pulls away slowly).

In the case of the first point, if the door was opened 3", it would be enough to violate the contact, but in the 2nd case, 3" opening of the door would have only say about 3/8" seperation between the magnet and contact.

Test your contacts by using another magnet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: