DSC Power 832 BEEPING

Old 06-04-07, 09:00 PM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC Power 832 BEEPING

Hi, I have a DSC Power 832. Our phone line went out and the alarm system will not stop beeping, indicating there is 'trouble' with the phone line. I was able to stop the beeping by running around the house to each keypad and setting the buzzer to 0. Now, of course, the alarm doesn't make any sound when arming/disarming or someone opening the door when the alarm is armed.

Anyway to simply disable the beeping on 'trouble' alerts, so i can turn the buzzer control back on.

Thanks.

Old 06-05-07, 04:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 322 Upvotes on 297 Posts
For the most part, with DSC, keypad sounds are pretty much all or nothing (the LCD keypads have a few more options). I would be more inclined to solve the telephone trouble issue.

Old 06-05-07, 01:35 PM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah, verizon is taking their sweet time getting out here. I wasn't able to find more options though. We do have the LCD keypads. I wish i could just turn off any sounds for phone line trouble :/

Old 06-05-07, 06:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 322 Upvotes on 297 Posts
Ok, which model keypad do you have? For both the LCD5500z and the LCD 5501z there are user commands to turn down or off the keypad sounds to at least tide you over until you get service; but it's a different command for the different keypad models.

If you have telephone trouble, 99 percent of the time it's a telco issue. Have you recently done something like switch to digital telephone?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: