DSC PowerSeries PC5508Z-Bypass Zone

Old 06-07-07, 07:56 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC PowerSeries PC5508Z-Bypass Zone

Hi...I'm hoping to find the answer to a question that ADT cannot answer unless they send out a tech at the cost of $100+

Our system is only 3 years old. All zones worked at one time. When my husband left for Iraq, I tested all zones to ensure everything worked as it should so I know that the downstairs windows were activated. However, at this time the system indicates that the windows are bypassed. I called ADT and they walked me thru all of the steps that should erase all bypass zones. That did not help. When I set the code as if nothing were going to be bypassed, the panel indicates a bypass and windows are not activated. I can set the alarm and all zones are active except windows downstairs. All other zones work except downstairs windows.

We had an electrical storm a few weeks before I found out that the windows were not activated. There were several lightening strikes near the house and power was out for hours at a time. Is is possible that the storm somehow affected the alarm system?

I am just looking for an idea of things that I might try before I have to call ADT for service

Thanks and I look forward to any help.

Old 06-08-07, 04:47 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Your windows are likely connected to a zone that has been set as an interior stay/away zone. I'd be willing to wager that if you set the chime feature on, and open a window in this zone it doesn't chime, and if you arm the system, then open and close an entry/exit door during the delay countdown, the zone will not auto-bypass.

It's an easy fix, but it's something that should have been caught at the initial system configuration. I'm guessing that when your spouse was home, you seldom if ever armed the system except when leaving.

Old 06-08-07, 07:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
On a different note:

I'm active duty military right now and have served overseas numerous times. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family while your husband is gone.

Let us know if you need anything!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: