Caddx Ranger 8980E. I have master code

Old 06-09-07, 11:03 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Caddx Ranger 8980E. I have master code

I have a Ranger 8980E with a 9050 LCD keypad. I have the master code but I do not have the "Go To Program" access code.
I can arm, dissarm, and change users codes but I can not get into the programming mode. Is there any way to reset the system? Thanks

Old 06-09-07, 10:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 126 Votes on 117 Posts
Maybe.....

At the LCD keypad enter C00
At the prompt for a code, enter 9050
If it gives you the prompt for "1 keypad" and "2 panel"

Then you are in good shape and there is a way in.

For now press 930# and let us know.

Old 06-10-07, 04:12 PM
S
Unhappy I have tried that

Thanks, but I have tried that, at least the 9050 code. It did not work The go to access code has been changed. I have a factory manual on it and I have tried everything I could find in it. I still have not found a way in. I will try the 930# and let you know. Thanks again.

Old 06-10-07, 07:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The nasty thing about the old caddx ranger series is that if you don't have the installer code, and you don't have one of the 9050/60 keypads that you know the installer code for, and you don't have access to one of the dedicated programmers (fairly hard to lay hands on); there's no practical way to default the thing, unless you can get your hands on one of the LCD keypads that still answers to the factory default programming code.

This is one of the rare instances where the keypad actually has independent programming from the panel.

To add insult to injury, it also has an option for totally disabling of local programming functions.

You can try some of the common codes (the last 4 digits of the installers phone number, their street address, and other such combos), but this one may be an upgrade situation. It's annoying and an expense, but also realize that the ranger series were a major headache to program and setup under the best of conditions.

Don't bother with the 930#, that's just the command to exit program mode.

Old 06-29-07, 03:49 PM
Who installed the system, what company? I may be able to help you with the code if it is a national company. There are guys on the internet that will rent you a programmer. You will need the 8950. I found a brand new on ebay for cheap and am holding on to it. Look up Jim Rojas he has all the old school programers for rent.

Old 11-01-09, 04:20 PM
R
Ranger 8980 master code

I am having problems with my system can you please pass along the master code to help me out. My system is armed and now can't turn off. I was programing the phone not to be active since we moved to only cell phones. It was causing me to have to put in my code twice everytime. After fixing that I put in my single digit quick code to activate and check the system. It turned on, but now my code and the default 1234 will not turn it off.

Thanks

Old 11-01-09, 04:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Bad news, the information is the thread above is the only way in you have. The master code _was_ the 1234 code. Now that the system is armed, the _installer_ code cannot disarm it, nor can it access programming.

Your only way back in is to figure out what you accidentally changed the master code to, or to lay hands on a programmer, or a 9050 keypad that you know the installer code for.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: