DSC 832 LCD Keypads Beeping

Old 06-20-07, 06:10 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC 832 LCD Keypads Beeping

Installed a replacement keypad RFK5500 and a wireless zone. Now have 2 LCD keypads (PK5500 & RFK5500). Everything seems to works fine when the system is armed, including new wireless zone. However, now with the new keypad installed the keypads beep when the system is not armed and movement is detected by motion detectors. This seems to happen only when movement is detected moving between 2 zones/motion detectors. When movement is detected by 1 zone, no problem. I've checked my programming and all seems to be correct, but obviously something has changed since replacing the original LED keypad. First LCD keypad (PK5500) was replaced several months ago and assigned to partition 1 slot 8. The RFK5500 keypad is assigned to partition 1 slot 1.

Any ideas?

Old 06-20-07, 06:26 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 321 Upvotes on 296 Posts
You probably have one of the motions set for a non interior type zone. I'm assuming that you have the chime function turned on.

Old 07-01-07, 05:14 PM
W
DSC 832 LCD Keypad Beeping

Ron thanks for the reply! All motions are assigned as Zone definition "05" Interior stay/away. This problem didn't start until installing second LCD keypad along with installed wireless zone. Wireless zone assigned to new keypad (wireless motion detector). Had grandkids running around, so I didn't have a problem with duplicating condition. When movement is detected between zones (moving from one zone to an adjacent zone) the trouble triangle on the keypad lights and the keypad beeps. When I added the wireless zone to the RFK5500 keypad is there something that needs to be done similar to installing an end of line resistor? I grasping at straws here.

Old 07-01-07, 05:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 321 Upvotes on 296 Posts
List out what you did in sequence to enroll the wireless device. Also, did you enroll the keypads into the system supervision?

This really sounds like an improper zone configuration issue. There are a couple of zone types that are essentially "trouble by day/alarm by night".

What comes up when you press *2 when it's showing trouble?

Old 07-02-07, 07:45 AM
W
The trouble symbol only lights momentarily and when I *2 there are no troubles found. When I assigned the wireless zone, I assigned the zone as "05" Int. Stay/away and turned on the wireless zone attribute "Bit 8".

Last night I removed the wireless zone attribute from my Zone 15, Section 115 of Zone Attributes and have it as a standard Zone Definition "05". The Beeping has stopped, but I'm not sure the zone is operating properly now.

I am going to revisit the steps of installing the wireless zone and walk test to ensure all is well. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks!!

Old 07-05-07, 02:12 PM
W
MrRonFL:

Thanks for your help!! The keypad beeping was caused by assigning the zone as "05" Int. Stay/away and turning on the wireless zone attribute "Bit 8". As mentioned in previous post, I reset Bit 8 and keypad(s) stopped beeping. Walk Tested the system and the new wireless zone tested OK. Thanks again for "lighting the way"!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: