Reset Master Code for Ademco 4111XM, Via30+ or VISTA 10

Old 07-08-07, 06:43 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile Reset Master Code for Ademco 4111XM, Via30+ or VISTA 10

We just moved in to this house, the previous owners never got the master code from the original owners. (Doesn't Surprise me). I follower the directions to get the installer code and enter programming mode. But now I'm clueless on what to do. How do I reset the master code? What command codes do I type? How do I know if I'm doing it right? We really only want to put the chime mode on. We might want to start using the local alarm. Right now we don't want it monitored. Once I set the master code, how do I get the various modes to arm or disarm?

Old 07-08-07, 06:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
standby....................

For a new master code

enter [installer code] + 8 + 02 +[new 4-digit code]

Old 07-08-07, 08:13 PM
G
Cool

Originally Posted by HotinOKC
standby....................

For a new master code

enter [installer code] + 8 + 02 +[new 4-digit code]
I must be doing something wrong. When I try this. I enter the installer code press 8 press 0 and it starts beeping and running through numbers, zones I'm assuming. If I do get that far as to enter the code, it won't let me enter all 4 numbers. Is there a trick to the code? Can it start with a zero? These are the directions I followed to get the installer code.

1) Power down the system (unplug the transformer and battery)
2) Plug in the transformer
3) Within 60 seconds, press * and # on the keypad at the same time
4) You should be in programming - press #20 (this depends on the model of your system - could be #00)
5) The installer code will be read back to you (4 digits)
6) Plug in the battery
Are these right? Is it #20 or #00?

Last edited by gregngina; 07-08-07 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Forgot steps.
Old 07-09-07, 04:23 AM
Whoa there are big differences in the list of panels you listed. You will have to be specific as to which one you have. The 4110XM goes into program mode if you use the installer code and 80, as does the Vista 10 depending on the revision. To add or change a code on these you enter the installer code + 8 + 2 + 4digit code. You do not need the 0 in front of the position number. Give this a try and advise of your status.

Old 07-09-07, 05:50 AM
G
Smile

Originally Posted by gregngina

1) Power down the system (unplug the transformer and battery)
2) Plug in the transformer
3) Within 60 seconds, press * and # on the keypad at the same time
4) You should be in programming - press #20 (this depends on the model of your system - could be #00)
5) The installer code will be read back to you (4 digits)
6) Plug in the battery
Are these right? Is it #20 or #00?
OK I found a sticker that says V30+. So I assume that means I have the Via30+.
When I get to step 3 and press # & * it shows me 4 digits, if I hit #20 it shows me 8 digits. If I hit #00 it doesn't do anything. Also when I plug in the transformer I get a d1 display. Does this mean anything?

Old 07-09-07, 06:48 AM
G
I was able to reset the master Code. Thank you all very much, But now I have a bigger problem. Somehow in my key strokes, I reset the zones to alarm every time the door is opened. How do I reset them to entry points so they only chime?

Reminder; I found a sticker that says V30+. So I assume that means I have the Via30+.

Old 07-09-07, 04:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Which model keypad do you have. This can be fairly straight forward if you have a 6139 keypad. Are you sure you have changed the zone type on your devices? It takes a fair number of keystrokes to change the zone settings on one of these systems. You would have had to have entered programming, then entered *56, selected a zone number and blindly stepped through 4-5 steps each to do this.

Even if you entered *97 and set all of the system settings to factory default, you might have set zone 5 (one of the 2 hardwired zones) back to being a fire zone. That might be what may have happened.

Old 07-10-07, 08:22 PM
G
Question

I'm thinking the keypad is a 6128? Does that sound right? It has a flap that hides the keys when it's shut. That was the only number that made sense on the circuit board.

Old 07-11-07, 04:11 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If it's the fixed English keypad, then you have a problem. It is very difficult to change the zone settings with a 6128. It _can_ be done, but if you have managed to default more than a single zone or so, it's really tough. Really, you need a 2-line alpha keypad like a 6139 or a 6160.

Do you, at least, have the installer manual for the system?

Old 07-11-07, 05:59 AM
G
Question

No I don't have the installer manual. I only have the users manual. Where can I get the installers manual? Preferable online.

Old 07-11-07, 10:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Run a websearch using the phrase "installer manual ademco via 30+". This was a pretty uncommon panel, so expect to pay a couple of bucks for the download.

Old 07-11-07, 02:20 PM
I hope I am not stepping on toes here, but go to google and look up panel guides. It is a website where you can get mostly any manual for FREE. Once again sorry MODS if this looks like I am trolling I am not. I have no affilition with this other site. Just a good place for reference materials.

Old 07-11-07, 02:53 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Good find Chief. You are not stepping on any toes and your knowledge is helping out many others!

Here's a direct link from Chief's said website (panelguide.com).

http://test.hsmc-ul.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=53&func=download&filecatid=156

Old 09-29-08, 06:03 AM
M
vista 10-p

I have the honeywell vista 10p at the house I just moved into and would like to use it to notify me if a door is opened or sensor is tripped. I followed your instructions to get the installer code and that seemed to work, but tried to change my master code by entering Installer code + 8+ 2 and (entering new master code). This would not work. It would just start beeping at me and flashed some numbers. I looked at my panel and I think it is an ademco 6148. Do you have any suggestions?

Old 09-29-08, 03:52 PM
I believe this is solved via PM, but for those of you who still would like to know. The installer code is 4 digits and to change the master code you simply enter the installer code then 802 then the new 4 digit code. Keep in mind this has to be done fairly quick and cannot have too much time between keypresses. This is for Vista P series panels only.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: