ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 Chirp

Old 07-19-07, 09:43 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 Chirp

My indoor sounder has started chirping every 6 minutes. The control panel shows no faults. (I know what the low battery chirp is like, coming about every 30 seconds and of course the panel shows the alarm.) What might be causing the chirp on a six-minute cycle?

Thanks

Red

Old 07-19-07, 01:43 PM
I am going to ask this, are you sure it is not a smoke detector that is hooked to the electriccal of your home that has a low battery? Open the panel box that is in one of the closets in your house, it will be the big beige one. Then take aphillips head screw driver and unhook terminal #3 this is the positive output for the bell. Let me know if it still chirps.

Old 07-19-07, 03:20 PM
R
Smile It was the GE CO Monitor

You led me to the solution. When the alarm was disconnected at terminal 3, the chirping continued. That led me to finally realize that the chirp was coming from a GE Security model 240-COe carbon monoxide detector located right next to the ADT alarm. The CO detector is hardwired and doesn't have a battery.

But it does have an "end-of-life" indicator. And the "indicator" is that it chirps every 5 minutes!

Thanks SameBig Chief

Red

PS This could be a defect in the unit as some are under recall by GE.

Old 07-19-07, 07:46 PM
No problem glad I could help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: