Vista 10 SE Problems

Old 07-22-07, 07:32 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Vista 10 SE Problems

I've read in another post of someone who purchased a home and didn't have the "passcode" to use/activate his alarm system. Well, I'm in the exact same boat! I wanted to set a "new" passcode for my family and check the system out. At this time, I don't care to have the system monitored, but I would like for the local alarm to be operational.

After reading a few threads, I was able to download and print the Installation Manual, Programming Guide, and User's Manual for the Vista 10 SE. I needed to find the installer's code as it had been changed from the "default" 4-1-1-1. So, I powered the system down, then back up. Initially, when I powered up the system and pressed the * and # keys together, my alarm siren was activated. I didn't have the passcode, so I unplugged the transformer and battery to power down the system and turn off the siren. I have gone through the steps to identify the installers code and believe that I have them. Now, I can't get the system to go in to the "programming mode". I get the message "no ac" on the keypad. (I have a 6128 keypad) I have verified that I have power to the transformer, but I haven't checked at the terminals in the control box. How much voltage should be read at these terminals? When I powered the system down the first few times, I thought I heard a "click" in the control box when power was returned to the box. Now, I hear nothing. Also, as stated before, the only message in the keypad display is "no ac" and the "ready" light is not illuminated.

What have I done wrong? Should I do a system reset to defaults? I'm lost, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 07-22-07, 07:48 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
You _are_ probably still in program mode. If you have extracted the installer code by pressing #20, press *99 to return to run mode.

Old 07-23-07, 08:20 PM
J
Smile

Thanks MrRonFL! You put me on the right track. I'm up and running with a new passcode. At first, I lost my "chime" when points were opened, but I read the user's guide and found how to set the "chime", so I'm good to go. I'll take a break for a while now. My next project of several with this system is to locate and identify the dialer and try to get it programmed to call my cell phone, but like I said, that's down the road. I also have some bi-directional keypads (5827BD) with a 5800TM transmitter that I'd like to wire in at a later time. Big dreams........so little time. Thanks again for your help!

Old 03-06-08, 10:45 AM
D
call me *** *** **** anyone that can help me with my vista10se all i want is the door chimes to work i will pay who ever can help me get this to work

Last edited by MrRonFL; 03-06-08 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Please; no direct contact info in open forum posts.
Old 03-06-08, 05:12 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
It's not that tough, just read the FAQ for this topic, and some of the other posts on the Vista panels. Use the power down and * + # within 50 seconds of restoring power, then press #20 to have it read back the existing installer code. Once you have that, use the installer code to set a new master code.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: