Disabling SafeWatch Pro System....

Old 08-17-07, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Disabling SafeWatch Pro System....

Hello,
I'm glad I found this forum. I'm hoping someone can help me. I have an ADT Safe Watch Pro 3000 security system installed at my house. Service has been disconnected. The system keeps going off with annoying, fast, beeping sounds due to low battery problems and communication problems (no phone line, we use VOIP).

Is there a way I can shut this thing up? I really don't want to have to call ADT to come out and take care of the problem. I don't have, nor do I want, service with them. I also don't have time to stay at home all day and wait for someone. I just want the thing to stop beeping. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-07, 01:57 PM
If you don't want to use the system at all, then power it down. To do so, locate the beige transformer near the main panel and remove from wall outlet, if you cannot find the transformer, disconnect the wire from terminal one and tape the end. Also disconnect one wire on battery in the main panel (note: the main panel is not a keypad, it is a metal box in a closet or unfinished space. They key should be on top of the box.)
If you want to use the system for the door chimes and as a local alarm, then replace the batteries that are low and disable the dialer. To disable the dialer: enter programming by pressing 6321 8 00 (the keypad should read 20 NO AC. Press *41* then *42*. Exit programming by pressing *99 DONE

Old 08-17-07, 04:10 PM
Thanks!

Wonderful! Thank you for saving me from that annoying beeping! I didn't realize I could keep the door chimes on without having service, so that is what I opted for. Thank you for providing those codes. I appreciate it!

Old 09-07-07, 06:09 PM
Unhappy You know your business...maybe you can help me too

Originally Posted by kcxj View Post
If you don't want to use the system at all, then power it down. To do so, locate the beige transformer near the main panel and remove from wall outlet, if you cannot find the transformer, disconnect the wire from terminal one and tape the end. Also disconnect one wire on battery in the main panel (note: the main panel is not a keypad, it is a metal box in a closet or unfinished space. They key should be on top of the box.)
If you want to use the system for the door chimes and as a local alarm, then replace the batteries that are low and disable the dialer. To disable the dialer: enter programming by pressing 6321 8 00 (the keypad should read 20 NO AC. Press *41* then *42*. Exit programming by pressing *99 DONE
This is an old system. I bought the house with no instructions or manuals and I don't want it monitored. Right now, I just want the beeping to stop. I cannot find any name on the keypad other than ADT. I have a trouble light and a beeping constantly after a power outage last night. I found the transformer and unplugged it, to no avail. Should I also open the main panel and disconnect one wire? Thank you so much.

Old 09-07-07, 06:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
Yes, you need to find the system "can". The diagram inside the door will tell the system model (usually). If you are just trying to shut the system down, you also need to pull one of the battery terminal leads off of the backup battery.

Old 02-26-08, 01:58 PM
I had a similar problem with an ADT system and the company was not very cooperative. I found a post in this forum by searching on the internet for ADT Custom and #2. I had accidently armed the system with no way to turn it off. The company told me how to power down but wouldn't tell me how to make it functional without monitoring... Briefly, get someone to push * and # while you power up your system, it will go into programming mode and show field?... you can use *39 to select the field and then add "0" to clear this field, this takes out the old info. exit programming with *99 and then reprogram a new four digit code for yourself. The specific instructions are in another post. Good luck!

Old 02-26-08, 02:02 PM
There can be many causes for this lobat signal, in my case on of the four wires (mine was the red one) had broken away from the transformer. I stripped the wire back and retwisted it around the screw with the existing wire and there were no more problems.

Old 05-25-08, 08:03 PM
need help with low battery beeping

I seem to have the same issues as the one that started this thread, but the solutions aren't viable. I bought the house and have never paid for ADT monitoring. Worse, I have no code and no key to the metal box in the closet. I've learned to put up with the stupid voice that tells me when I open a door or window. Just in the past few days, the keypad in my bedroom starts beeping every few hours with a low battery message. I will gladly put in a new battery to end this nightmare, but I can't figure out how to do it! I feel pretty dumb for asking, but how do you remove the keypad cover/panel/box/whatever? I don't see or feel any buttons, indentations or anything. I'm pretty close to just smashing the darned thing with a hammer or ripping the thing off the wall just to make the beeping stop. Pressing any button stops it momentarily, but then it just starts up again, all day and all night. Given that it's in my bedroom, it's interfering with my sleep. Please, someone, help me out. Better yet, send some digital photos to show me what I'm missing.

Old 05-25-08, 09:09 PM
Pjlight,

Your battery is in the metal enclosure. You may need a key to open it, often they are on top of the box. Once open you will replace with a 12 volt, 7ah battery.

Old 05-25-08, 10:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
And if the key isn't on top of the system enclosure, the little cabinet locks are pretty easy to simply break with a screwdriver (it's the equivalent of the lock on a desk drawer).

Old 11-10-08, 02:34 PM
Thank you!

Wow - this forum rocks... thank you so much. I have been suffering with the beeping battery - I'm eternally grateful!

Old 11-25-08, 03:24 AM
Cool You're my saviour

I can't tell you how ecstatic I am to have had a good nights sleep for the first time in 2 weeks. Apparently one of my sensors has gone haywire and the "freaking" thing goes off almost non-stop. I forgot my pass code and have been unable to shut it off. Then I found this forum. The 6321 master code info is a godsend! Thank you for being here.

Old 06-16-09, 12:29 AM
My ADT Safewatch Pro alarm panel (it is an old system and is not hooked up to ADT) is giving me a system low battery message and it started a continuous beeping this afternoon. I was able to disable it, but then it happened again later in the evening. I read through the thread and I opened the panel and disconnected the battery. I am concerned because the low Battery message is still showing up. I don't want the beeping to start up in the middle of the night and scare my family. Can someone help me with what else I need to do? KCXJ suggested to pull one of the wires from terminal one, but I'm not sure where that is.

Old 06-16-09, 05:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, the low battery signal will persist until the battery is actually replaced.

On the main terminal board, the first terminal to the left (90% of the time the number 1 is stenciled below it). Loosen that screw and pull the wire out. Put a small wire nut on the bare end, or put a wrap of tape on it.

It's safe, it's 16volts ac.

Old 06-16-09, 08:19 AM
Thank you so much MrRonFl!!! I will try that. I am so thankful to have found this site. You are so knowledgeable and it's great that you are here to help everyone! The beeping did not occur in the middle of the night, thank goodness! Have a WONDERFUL day!

Old 07-13-09, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
Yes, the low battery signal will persist until the battery is actually replaced.

On the main terminal board, the first terminal to the left (90% of the time the number 1 is stenciled below it). Loosen that screw and pull the wire out. Put a small wire nut on the bare end, or put a wrap of tape on it.

It's safe, it's 16volts ac.
What if my system battery physically shows 13.4 volts on my voltmeter and ADT keeps telling me to replace it and spend the money regardless (before they will even come out and look themselves)?

Old 07-13-09, 12:10 PM
Load test battery

Simply metering your battery doesn't always tell you if it's good. With the system powered up (both AC and batt), diconnect the Transformer, then meter the battery while it's still connected to the panel. This will give you a better reading. If it's not around 12.5 - 13v, replace it and give the new one a day to charge.

Old 10-21-12, 03:59 PM
Message stays after new battery installed

I have a Safe Watch 2000 and per this thread I installed a new battery after receiving the 'System Lo Bat' message and beeping every few hours.

The new battery is installed (12V 5AH, the old one was 12V 4AH) but the message still appears. Any ideas on what my next step would be?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Old 10-21-12, 04:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It can take up to 24 hours for the battery test mechanism to cycle again.