Keypad for garage Door Opener

Old 08-31-07, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Keypad for garage Door Opener

I am looking for a remote, to be located just outside the garage door, keypad to allow opening of the garage door from outside of the door. The one I have appears broken. It is a wired type. Since my openers are a bit old, I am looking for a standard one that is wired and would be wired in parallel with the button inside the garage. Any good leads where I can get one?
Thanks

Old 08-31-07, 03:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 129 Votes on 120 Posts
Search using your opener brand name and model as a keyword. If yours is just a basic switch type (i.e. shorting the wires momentarily activates the the door) you have a lot of options. Some of them, however are essentially remotes with the wire simply supplying power to the keypad.

What does the specs for your opener say?

Old 08-31-07, 04:16 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
It uses a 24 Vac circuit with a simple push button switch for the indoor wired push button. The present unit has an indoor pushbutton with a 9 Vdc battery that feeds the keypad outdoors, about 2 feet away, with a five conductor flat ribbon cable connecting them. I am looking for an inexpensive replacement as we are about to move shortly. I do want the feature as part of the house.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: