Hello,

I'm trying to program my PC1616 to act the following way :

Zone 1 Main Door Entry/Exit
Zone 2 PIR Downstairs
Zone 3 Window Contacts
Zone 4 PIR Upstairs
Zone 5 PIR Downstairs
Zone 6 Window Contacts

When there's no one in the house, I would like all the zones to be armed with ALL CONTACTS and ALL PIRS instantly triggering the alarm EXCEPT the main door. When we are sleeping, I would like all CONTACTS and PIRS DOWNSTAIRS to have a delay before triggering the alarm (the upstairs PIR are off).

How should I define the zone definitions ? Programming is not a problem, just figuring which one to use ...

Thanks,
fs483

Old 09-28-07, 05:32 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Program the motions as stay/away zones, and use the following command when you arm (from the install manual on page 5):

"Re-activate Stay/Away Zones:
Press[*][1] when the system is armed in the Stay mode to change the armed status to Away mode. The system will add the Stay/Away zones back into the system after the exit delay time expires."

Old 09-28-07, 07:05 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi Ron,

Ok so :

Zone 1 is 01
Zone 2 is 05
Zone 3 is what ?
Zone 4 is 04
Zone 5 is 05
Zone 6 is what ?

I want Zone 3 and Zone 6 which are both window contacts to act as delay when armed in Stay mode and instant in Away mode. Is that possible ?

The reason for this is setup is in case I mistakenly open the windows at night, I don't want to alarm to go off instantly. But in Away mode, I want the alarm to trip as soon as someone tries to open a window/door. As for the basement PIR, well in case I happen to go downstairs at night, I want to have a chance to turn off the alarm.

Thanks
fs483

Old 10-01-07, 04:31 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by fs483 View Post

I want Zone 3 and Zone 6 which are both window contacts to act as delay when armed in Stay mode and instant in Away mode. Is that possible ?
Nope, that's actually a fairly complex behavior, and there's no zone type that will let you do that with this system.

The reason for this is setup is in case I mistakenly open the windows at night, I don't want to alarm to go off instantly. But in Away mode, I want the alarm to trip as soon as someone tries to open a window/door. As for the basement PIR, well in case I happen to go downstairs at night, I want to have a chance to turn off the alarm.

Thanks
fs483

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: