Concord 4 X10 Lighting Schedules

Old 10-03-07, 02:46 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 X10 Lighting Schedules

Hi all I am a alarm panel newbie with just enough know-how to be dangerous. I have a Concord 4 panel set up with some hardwire sensors (from the old Brinks system), some wireless sensors and X10 lights all set up and working.

I am trying to decipher GE's manuals on how to set up lighting schedules. I specifically want to set up schedules for the X10 lights only for when the panel is armed to 3 (away). Is there a way to do this? I DON"T want the schedules to be active all the time, just when the system is armed to AWAY.

This was easy to do on my old house's Simon3 panel, I'd turn on the "Time activated lights" on the panel, but I don't see how this is done on the Concord.

I also have a powerhorn siren that I'd like to put in the detached garage (all wireless sensors there) as there is no siren out there. Do I just set the house code, and a unit # and plug it in or is there some trick or setting in the panel that I have to set?

Thanks much, Tom Larson

Last edited by elyislander; 10-03-07 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-03-07, 03:25 PM
G
Originally Posted by elyislander View Post
Hi all I am a alarm panel newbie with just enough know-how to be dangerous. I have a Concord 4 panel set up with some hardwire sensors (from the old Brinks system), some wireless sensors and X10 lights all set up and working.

I am trying to decipher GE's manuals on how to set up lighting schedules. I specifically want to set up schedules for the X10 lights only for when the panel is armed to 3 (away). Is there a way to do this? I DON"T want the schedules to be active all the time, just when the system is armed to AWAY.

This was easy to do on my old house's Simon3 panel, I'd turn on the "Time activated lights" on the panel, but I don't see how this is done on the Concord.

I also have a powerhorn siren that I'd like to put in the detached garage (all wireless sensors there) as there is no siren out there. Do I just set the house code, and a unit # and plug it in or is there some trick or setting in the panel that I have to set?

Thanks much, Tom Larson
On your Simon panel the default house code was "A", on Concord, partition 1 defaults to "B".

You have to go into END USER programming to set up your scheduling. You have 16 total (0-15) schedules to play with. I like to use the schedule number of the light number I want to put on a timer (like schedule 2 with light 2) to make it easier for me to remember what's what. Once you create the schedule (under "SET UP SCHEDULES"), you have to then go to "LIGHT CONTROL" to turn on the schedule for the specific light number...

Powerhorn Siren doesn't work on Concord...

Old 10-03-07, 06:51 PM
E
Thanks GEGUY, that helps. I wish it were a little simpler, it would be nice for a single button control of the lighting schedules, or to link it to arming. Looks like i'll be pushing a few more buttons when I go away for a weekend...

Also, are there any other options for wireless sirens for Concord 4? Are they RF based or powerline?

I am kind of curious to see how/if X10 devices work out in my detached garage...it has a its own power feed (and electric co. meter)separate from the house (concord panel is in the house) - any issues there?

Old 10-03-07, 07:22 PM
G
Originally Posted by elyislander View Post
Thanks GEGUY, that helps. I wish it were a little simpler, it would be nice for a single button control of the lighting schedules, or to link it to arming. Looks like i'll be pushing a few more buttons when I go away for a weekend...

Also, are there any other options for wireless sirens for Concord 4? Are they RF based or powerline?

I am kind of curious to see how/if X10 devices work out in my detached garage...it has a its own power feed (and electric co. meter)separate from the house (concord panel is in the house) - any issues there?
On older versions of Concord, there was an option for a plug in siren (called a "SWIS"), unfortunately, it doesn't work on Concord 4. If you can wait a few months, there will be an RF siren coming out that doesn't run on line carrier. Gets an RF signal from the panel.

If the panel is on the same electrical phase as the garage, you should be ok..If not, X-10 has a phase coupler you can use to "bridge the gap".

Old 10-04-07, 07:20 AM
E
Thanks again, much appreciated! I will keep an eye out for the rf siren.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: