Vista 10SE Codes reset

Old 10-06-07, 06:21 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 10SE Codes reset

I have a similar issues as a previous poster, but that information didn't help. Here is my problem. Bank Repo = No Alarm Code. I have a Vista 10SE. We never used the system and about two weeks ago every few hours the keypad would quickly and continuously beep until we hit any key. I unplugged the system from all power and plugged back in. I hit * and # when the system displayed d1. It would then display 20 no ac. I assume that I am in program mode. The latest time I tried hitting #20 and it displayed 08 01 09 05. I guess that is a master code??? I hit *99 to get out of program mode and tried several ways entering 8195 to get back into program mode. No luck. If that is the master code, I wasn't doing something correctly. I was also getting low bat error with no zone so I replaced the system battery. I haven't gotten that error back yet, so I guess that problem is fixed.

To cut to the chase, I need/want to changed the codes (master and to set the alarm) so I can use the alarm. I read manuals, posts, and internet searches. Seems like I'm not having much luck getting it done myself. So any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-07, 06:36 AM
H
OK, the constant beeping until I press any key is back. I did show one zone that was not ready, now it shows two. Since the installer didn't write down the zones, I'll have to run those down too. Is this beeping an indication of a larger problem?

Old 10-06-07, 10:09 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
The beeping is probably low battery or failure to communicate, or both. What does the display show when it goes into trouble display?

To go to program mode, the correct keystrokes are [installer code] + 8 + 0. The manual for the 10se is odd, you also need a seperate programming manual. Without both parts of the install instructions, a lot of stuff doesn't make sense.

Websearch using the phrase: "Vista 10se programming manual"

Old 10-06-07, 10:41 AM
H
I DL the program manual and user manual last week. And your right, they don't make much sense.

The dispaly reads 09, check, ac. Funny thing is that after I plug back in, the system will go to ready with green light. Then after a minute or two I get the zone check for one zone, then after several minutes another zone check displays, then finally, a third. I am wondering if when the new zone says check is that when it begins to beep continuosly???

I decided to start from scratch, again (about the 10th time total, but only the second since new system battery) - unplug everything, * and #, then *20 1234 *99. I got confirmation beeps I didn't get before when I #20 to read the numbers back. I then was successfully able to enter back into program mode with 1234 and set the master code. I got the system to arm with my new master code and disarm before exit delay expired. I have to figure out now which sensors are bad/needs adjusting/batteries or whatever. I now show three zones not ready, but that is besides the point.

Between your previous posts and hotinOKC I manage to get this far.

For those with similar problems I also used this post from hotinOKC on another thread to set new master code:

"For a new master code

enter [installer code] + 8 + 02 +[new 4-digit code]

Thanks, MrRonFL, from a neighbor to your south (Ocala).

PS. Can this system support remote arm/disarm and/or call my pager or cell if activiated? I have no intention of having this system monitored especially since a cop lives within easy earshot of my siren. That would be nice if it could call my phone if activated, though. Sorry for the long post.

Old 10-06-07, 11:52 AM
With the vista 10 se if you backdoor to get the installer code it causes a check 09. Somehow it turns on the programming for an RF receiver, so you need to turn off the rf if you are using a hard wired only system. You need to make sure field 22 and 25 are correct in programming.

Old 10-06-07, 04:52 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Is this actually a system with wireless devices? If so, then you might have something as simple as transmitters with depleted batteries. When the batteries get low enough, the system starts to treat them as "missing" transmitters.

You can fake a "pager" to get it to call a phone, but it sounds like you need to get a bit more of a handle on the programming syntax before you try that.

To get the rest of the installation manual, websearch using the same format as above, but substitute the word installer for programming.

Old 10-06-07, 06:28 PM
H
It has both wired and wireless. The first thing I did with this system was replace all the batteries in the wireless transmitters. Tomorrow I'll break the contacts on each sensor and find out what zone each is, something I think the installer should have done, but anyway.... hopefully that will help me determine which each of these three zones that flash not ready and try to get those up-n-runnin'. I don't understand the 22 and 25 comment, but I'll get through this zone mapping first. I really appreciate everyone helping me out on this.

Old 10-06-07, 07:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Location 22 is the RF system type. For most installs, the correct setting is 2 (use #22 to check).

Location 25 is an incorrect location for this purpose. Location 24 is the RF house ID code, which should be 0 unless you have wireless keypads (which are uncommon).

Most good installers tuck a zone chart into the system cabinet, but you have a repo, so there's no telling what documentation you actually have.

Old 10-07-07, 09:45 AM
H
I have my zone mapping completed by faulting each zone and noted the number on the key pad. I still have three indicating not ready: 9/13/15. Two of these are RF sensors. By their location I am guessing 13 and 15. I can not find 09 (probably 9 anyway) anywhere. All windows and doors are accounted for. I checked the battery in each sensor (measures over 3V) as well has the wire from transmittor to magnet. There wasn't a "not ready" for zone 7 or 8. My highest zone is 16. I do not have motion sensors (future project maybe).

What is the best way to determine if these two sensors are even functioning? In addtion to checking voltage, I did change battery with another sensor that wasn't indicating a problem.

Old 10-07-07, 10:11 AM
H
I checked #22 and it is 2. I also checked #24 and I got 09 beep 05 beep beep beep. I do not have a wireless keypad.

Old 10-07-07, 10:18 AM
H
I did do installer code # 3 and the two transmittors did not fault correctly.

Old 10-07-07, 12:53 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
enter *24 00 then exit programming. That should get rid of the check 09 (there is no zone 9, it's an indicator of wireless receiver trouble; see the operations section of your installer manual).

Basically, somewhere along the line, someone accidentally entered an invalid house code into the program.

If you have an alpha keypad, you can try removing the transmitters then re installing them, but only if you have a 6139 or 6160 keypad or the equivalent.

Old 10-07-07, 03:08 PM
H
Ok, I did that and now there is 00. I exited and 09 check returns after about 20 seconds of green light ready.

Here is what I have#21 = 09 (bit confused here since manual has 0 or 1 as choices). I changed to 00
#22 = 02
#23 = 01
#24 = 00
#25 = 09 (manual says 0=none; 3=4204, I changed to 0 and the hard wired sensors seem to work, the two I checked anyway, the two RF ones I checked didn't. Changed to 3, got the 09 check. Changed back to 09 since that is where it was)
#26 = 00
#27, 28, 29 = 00
#30 = 01
#38 = 02
#39 = 01
#60 through #75 are all 00 with the exception of 64 that is 01

Old 10-07-07, 05:34 PM
H
Since my last post the system has been steady at ac/09/not ready. Not flashing through 13 and 15 now. I fault zone 1, which is hardwired and it shows the fault. I fault an RF, doesn't show anything. Still reading the manuals, too.

Old 10-08-07, 04:40 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you certain that you have a Vista 10_se_? There are multiple Vista 10 models and they don't use the same programming chart.

Look at the programming charts. The numbers in parenthesis are the defaults. If you don't have the hardware or feature that it refers to, then you should have the default value in the programming location.

If you have a number in a programming location that's not one of the choices, you will get errors. That check 09 actually is for _all_ add on modules, like relay boards, zone expanders, etc. as well as the wireless module. (I didn't bother mentioning since such add-ons are rare on Vista-10 installations)

If you do not have a 4204 relay board, *25 should be 0, *23 should be 0.

Somewhere along the line, someone got into this panels programming and entered a lot of random numbers in incorrect locations.

Old 10-08-07, 04:32 PM
H
I'm as certain that it is a 10SE as the chart in the box. I did compare the terminal diagram on the chart to the terminals on the actual board and they seem to match.

Getting closer though. I changed 25 and 23 to 0 and 0. All the hardwired sensors work. I successfully set the alarm and faulted the front door setting off the siren after the appropriate entry delay. None of the remote sensors work, though.

Old 10-08-07, 05:02 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Do you actually _have_ a wireless receiver? Either a daughter card mounted in the system can, or a seperate external enclosure (look for the antennas) or a keypad with a model number ending in RF.

What may be the problem is that you are missing a key piece of hardware. This would also fit with the check 09.

Old 10-08-07, 05:34 PM
H
I have the 5882 wireless receiver. I am suspected that something in *56 is not right for these transmittors, maybe??? I downloaded yet another manual, this one for the 5882. Didn't really help much. I've been reading the other manuals I have, with not much success, to learn how to check zone assignments without messing anything up. Can you direct me on how to check these to see if they are correct? and what correct is. Do you think maybe it is another issue? I feel like we are close to getting this working and I really appreciate your time.

Old 10-08-07, 06:02 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Do you have a 6139 or 6160 keypad, or the equivalent? Without one, you cannot view the zone settings.

Old 10-09-07, 04:20 AM
H
I have the 6128 keypad.

Old 10-10-07, 04:10 PM
H
Following the manual I do the following:

10* (for zone)
56 will display and flash
* to continue
display number (56) disappears and following the rest of the instructions does not produce any display or results

Old 10-10-07, 04:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hawk,

You need a 6160 keypad to get anymore display on the keypad. You have a fixed english keypad so any programming would have to be done blindly.

Old 10-10-07, 04:45 PM
H
OK thanks. I thought I tried that, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a step. I'll follow the instructions in the manual "blindly" and give that a shot.

Old 10-10-07, 05:25 PM
H
I'm getting my information from the Vista10Se installation manual, N7227V5 5/97 pages 34-36 and did the following steps:
install code 8 0
10*
03*
03 12*
3*
1*
Activate transmitter
When the manual indicates I should get beeps, I don't.
The transmitter I was trying to enroll, I get nothing.
All is still working with all hardwired sensors and none of the transmitters work still.

Old 10-10-07, 05:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Check the wiring connections from the wireless receiver to the keypad bus on the system main board.

_The check 09 means that the system isn't communicating with the expander_. If the reciever isn't working, trying to mess with the zone programming is a waste of time.

It could be something as simple as a wire broken inside of the jacket (we're talking 22ga wire, here). Don't rely on a visual check. Do an actual continuity on each conductor.

Old 10-10-07, 06:37 PM
H
I checked each wire (visual first then with a meter), red, green, blue, black, and yellow. Each is fine except for blue. The blue wire is actually cut off and it doesn't appear to be the other half anywhere in the box. I looked on the wiring diagram and it doesn't show that this wire is needed, so I assume that is ok. The 09 code hasn't been an issue since you advised me to make a few changes several posts ago. When I did have an 09 error, most the transmittors seemed to work, i.e. when I faulted them the zone number would display. The green LED and red LED in the receiver flash occasionally. All the DIP switches are to the right, I'm guessing that is the OFF position.

The antennas are in position and are secure. I have one transmitter removed and able to carry it to the receiver.

I get no fualt on any transmitter. All hardwired still working fine.

Old 10-10-07, 08:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You need to let us know when something changes. We can't see what you are doing, and playing 20 questions with each step gets tedious. Somewhere in the process you probably ended u

Your mistake was at the prompt for loop number. The correct entry should be 2 for the internal reed switch. It looks like you are just following the example in the manual, but it's not quite right, because that example assumes the use of the hardwire contact input, not the internal reed switch.

See the following thread for someone else doing exactly the same blind programming. http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=318122. I suspect that somewhere in the earlier fumbling around, the system may have been defaulted, or the zone settings got munged. It's really hard to tell without the keypad that can tell you if a given tansmitter is properly enrolled or not.

Just realize, this is very difficult to do without the correct keypad, it's really easy to lose track of your current place in the sequence.

Old 09-05-08, 09:29 PM
M
Thumbs up This little piece of advice worked for me...

Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
Are you certain that you have a Vista 10_se_? There are multiple Vista 10 models and they don't use the same programming chart.

Look at the programming charts. The numbers in parenthesis are the defaults. If you don't have the hardware or feature that it refers to, then you should have the default value in the programming location.

If you have a number in a programming location that's not one of the choices, you will get errors. That check 09 actually is for _all_ add on modules, like relay boards, zone expanders, etc. as well as the wireless module. (I didn't bother mentioning since such add-ons are rare on Vista-10 installations)

If you do not have a 4204 relay board, *25 should be 0, *23 should be 0.

Somewhere along the line, someone got into this panels programming and entered a lot of random numbers in incorrect locations.

I rent a home with a Vista-10se system installed, but wasn't operable when we moved in. The owner never used the system, and didn't know anything about it as he was the 2nd owner. I found the installation and programming guide and with that and this great site, I was able to reset the programming + master code. We have been using the system, but the window sensors could not be detected. Each time we armed the system, we had to bypass three zones to get it to work. The most important zones (front door, garage door to outside and garage door to inside) worked while the others were bypassed. I was bothered by the fact that only one window sensor actually worked, but recently we discovered that a few of the sensors fell off the windows, and we reattached them and now they work. I still had to bypass Zone 9 though. Today, I wanted to get this issue resolved, so I came back to this site and found this string. This specific comment by MrRonFL on 10-10-07 is what made the Check 09 error go away. I am Very Thankful for this posting. Now my system functions like it should and every door, window and motion detector works!

Thanks!!!

Last edited by mikeyb1976; 09-05-08 at 09:31 PM. Reason: added the specifics of the comment.