Vista 20-p, unplugged for several months. Did it reset?

Old 10-11-07, 05:08 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20-p, unplugged for several months. Did it reset?

Ok, I finally got into my control panel and got the master code. I ran a test, but the system, except for the door is all wireless. The motion detector doesnt light up when I walk by, but when I removed the cover it tripped the system.
How do I test the glass break sensors as well as the smoke detector?
Also it says comm failure, so i guess I need to turn off the dialer.

I left the system unplugged and disconnected from the battery for several months, would this have reset everything, meaning that I have to program in the 2 glass detectors, the 1 smoke detector and the 1 motion detector?
The door detector is wireless too, and that works.

Again this is a vista 20p

Old 10-11-07, 05:44 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
The program is stored in an eeprom that will pretty much hold the program indefinitely.

All wireless motions have an activity circuit that keeps them from running down the battery when there is lots of activity in the room. Normally, they will only actually trip once in a given number of minutes. This is not a problem when system is armed and there is not any activity to trigger the lockout circuit.

What also may have happened, it that you armed the system and didn't open and close and entry/exit door, and the system reverted to stay mode and bypassed the motion zone.

The smoke can be tested easily. Cans of fake smoke are available at most home centers, otherwise, an incense stick will do the trick.

Glass breaks can be tricky to test. I often use a very heavy ring of keys to trip them, I know people who use coins or washers in a soda can.

If it's one of the wireless glass breaks, it does have a test mode that you can enter by taking the cover off and shorting the two pads marked "test".

Old 10-11-07, 07:30 PM
J
your thoughts were correct!

I hadnt opened the door so it reverted back to stay.
Now, my only problem is that it says comm. failure, which I attribute to not having phone service. How do I make this a local only system, one that just sets off the interior alarm when the glass breaks, or someone trips the motion sensor?
Thanks!
Jonathan

Old 10-11-07, 08:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Delete the phone numbers. See the FAQ for this topic.

Old 10-12-07, 10:23 AM
J
Bathroom sensor missing, can I just purchase a replacement transmitter?

Thanks, ill follow the directions in the faq. The bathroom is missing its sensor, its all wireless. I think someone threw it away. Instead of deleting that zone can I just purchase a new sensor for it and install it, or will it need setting up and programming to work with the system?

Old 10-12-07, 06:05 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It will need to be learned into the system. You need to have an alpha keypad to program the thing, but it _can_ be done with a fixed alpha keypad, it's just a bit of a pain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: