DSC 1555 please help.

Old 10-12-07, 09:06 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC 1555 please help.

I built my house last year and just now finishing hooking my security system up. I got a DSC 1555 new from a friend of mind who worked for ADT. Needless to say that friend has moved to another state in the past year and I have no contact for him so he can help so I am here.

I have everything hooked up

Zone 1. Front Door main enter and exit.
Zone 2. Back Door
Zone 3.Garage Door standard door not rollup door.
Zone 4 Windows
Zone 5 and 6 are motion detectors and I will need them to be off in stay mode.

The problem I am having. When I power the unit It beeps a couple of times and ready light comes on. After about 15 seconds the trouble light comes on. Also when I try to get into installer programming mode * 8 5555 it just beeps twice and the program light does not come on. I can hit * 6 1234 and get into the master program mode.

Is they system somehow locked? If so how do I unlock it or reset to default settings? Should I have a trouble light before the system is programed? I did notice all of my zone lights do come on when I trip they contacts, but say if I open the front door which is zone 1 the light will come on. When I close the door the zone 1 light does not go off. I do not have the resisters in so would that be the problem?

Thank you in advance

Old 10-13-07, 12:32 PM
B
Well I have worked on it some more. I tried to do a hardware default but it will not seem to. I did figure out why the trouble light was on. 1 was because the time had not been set which was not problem and 2 was because I do not have it tied into a telephone system. So now next question is can I turn the telephone system off? Also any idea why it will not let me into the installer programming menu?

Old 10-13-07, 01:34 PM
It may have the ADT installer code in it, if it's an ADT panel. I think if you look around in here, it's probably mentioned, though off the top of my head I can't remember it.

For the hardware reset, you shorted from z1 to PGM 1 for several minutes?

If you can get in programming, their is a spot to turn off TLM or telephone line monitoring.

Old 10-13-07, 07:55 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
The ADT modified version of the 1555 will probably have 6321 set as the default installer code. Be careful with defaulting ADT modified hardware, often the defaults will be different from the standard model it's based on.

Old 10-13-07, 10:08 PM
B
Great 6321 got me in. Thanks Ron

I am off to bed now, but will finish in the morning.

Just want to be sure I have this right for zone programming. I did not realize ADT would be different.
From another thread and the installer manual I have put this together.

*8 6321
01 03 03 03 06 06
380 1 For communicator off
015 7 # For Phone off
013 1 # For resistor off

Is this correct?

Old 10-14-07, 08:24 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Close. You need to add 00 00 to the end of the string for the zone programming. Otherwise, you are on the money.

There aren't usually a _lot_ of differences on the ADT versions, just things like the installer code, and certain minor features default settings. The basic programming is usually the same.

Old 10-14-07, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
There aren't usually a _lot_ of differences on the ADT versions, just things like the installer code, and certain minor features default settings. The basic programming is usually the same.
Typically you can't change the phone numbers, so if you want monitoring, it has to be from ADT. Unless you go strictly digital cellular.

Old 10-14-07, 11:05 AM
B
OK I have everything working except zones 5 and 6 which are motion detectors. I have a ready light but zones 5 and 6 are always on on the keypad. The motions are working on there end as far as the light coming on the detector itself. Any ideas

Old 10-14-07, 12:08 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you have a ready light, but the zones are steady lit, then you probably have the zones bypassed. The zone type you selected for zones 5 and 6 automatically bypass if you arm the system without opening and closing the entry/exit zone. (If these are your motion zones, the better zone type for those would have been 05 - interior stay/away instead of 06 delay stay-away, by the way).

You _should_ be able to change the phone numbers on an ADT branded 1555 system. All they changed, as far as I can remember is the default installer code, and the default entry and exit delays.

Old 10-14-07, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
You _should_ be able to change the phone numbers on an ADT branded 1555 system. All they changed, as far as I can remember is the default installer code, and the default entry and exit delays.
So they aren't proprietary, like some of the Focus panels, I guess? Thats good to know. I wasn't sure, but I think that's one of the major things on the proprietary panels.

Old 10-14-07, 06:14 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The Focus panels are pretty much hard coded on most of the reporting features. The modified second party systems, like the modified DSC, Concords and Ademco/Honeywell stuff only has minor modifications on things like the default delay times, and the default installer code.

Some of the older stuff is extensively modified, like the ADT versions of the Moose hardware.

Old 10-15-07, 07:02 PM
B
Finally I have everything working correctly. Thank you everyone for your help. I have one last question. You said 05 would be better than 06. Here is my situation, when I walk in my front door which is zone 1 I have to walk through zone 5 which is one of my motions to turn the alarm off. My wife would not let me put the keypad in the foyer because she is just weird so I had to put it in the laundry room. If I program my motions as 05 will they allow me to do this?

Old 10-15-07, 07:38 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, that setting is what's called an "interior follower". It's instant normally, but delays with the entry/exit delay if the entry/exit door is opened first.

If you use the type 6 zone, it will work just fine, but if someone gets inside the perimeter(through a window with a bad contact, for example), and trips this zone, the entry delay time must pass before the system will activate.

This sounds like an unlikely scenario, but I've recently seen a business that got broken into by the perp kicking through the drywall partition between them and the adjoining suite (which was under renovation, and not especially secured). They finally tripped a motion sensor that was in a rear hallway, but never activated any of the door or window contacts.

Old 10-22-07, 08:28 PM
B
How do you set the bell turn off. I would like for it to be 3 mins.

Old 10-22-07, 09:01 PM
Section 005, system times.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: