vista 20 resistor and call out question

Old 10-14-07, 11:47 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
vista 20 resistor and call out question

i beleive I have a vista 20 and I was wondering what resistors you use at the end of the wire that attach to the screws in the board ? Also i would like for the alarm to go to my computer so my computer can send a message to my cell phone, as well as sound off of course. IS this possible and is my board capable of such .OR can the system use a dedicated cellular phone to call out of to my cell phone. Reason being, I want to disconnect my land line but still want the alarm to have a way of notifing me of a break in.

Old 10-14-07, 12:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Vista 20 what? SE? P? The answers to the questions will vary a bit depending on the specific model. There are 4 common versions of the Vista-20 over the last 20 years, and several minor variants, and all of them have different abilities and part requirements.

Connecting to the computer with any of the V-20 panels is not easily done, they just weren't designed for this scenario.

United Security Products is one of the very few that I know of that makes a cellular dial out system that doesn't have to connect to a dedicated network. See this link: http://www.unitedsecurity.com/pages/cellular.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: