Sigh...Moved into a house with pre-existing ADT alarm

Old 10-15-07, 11:06 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sigh...Moved into a house with pre-existing ADT alarm

I believe it's the concord express. Now my problem has to do with trouble beeps which occur every minute. How do I stop them perminantly? I assume it's because I don't have an active phone line, my family uses their cell phones so theres no reason to have one. What are my option? Right now all I can think of is taking a bat to watever keeps chirping. Is there a way to power the security system off and leave the smoke alarms active?

Old 10-15-07, 01:57 PM
Power down the security system by finding the control panel. It is a metal box in an unfinished area of the house. Open the panel, if it takes a key, there is probally one on top of the box. On the bottom there is a large battery, disconnect one wire. Next, follow the wire that attaches to terminal 1 & 2. This goes to the transformer and should be nearby. It is a plug in transformer about the size of a cassette tape plugged into a receptavle. You need to unplug the transfore that should be screwed into the receptacle. This should power down the system. The smoke detectors may or may not be attached to the security system. If your home was recently constructed it should have smoke detectors wired to the electrical system.

Old 10-15-07, 06:56 PM
G
Originally Posted by johnm524 View Post
I believe it's the concord express. Now my problem has to do with trouble beeps which occur every minute. How do I stop them perminantly? I assume it's because I don't have an active phone line, my family uses their cell phones so theres no reason to have one. What are my option? Right now all I can think of is taking a bat to watever keeps chirping. Is there a way to power the security system off and leave the smoke alarms active?
Hit the * button on the keypad...The system will tell you via the keypad why it's beeping at you...

Old 10-15-07, 07:19 PM
G
Originally Posted by GEGUY View Post
Hit the * button on the keypad...The system will tell you via the keypad why it's beeping at you...
Express does not monitor phone line voltage, so you should be clear there. Yes, you can silence trouble beeps permanently, but you have to go into installer programming to do it. Hitting the * button will shut them up for awhile.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: