Zone on doubling NX4

Old 10-15-07, 03:31 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Zone on doubling NX4

I have an Australian version of a Networx NX-4 (I think) alarm.

The previous owners of the house had signed up for monitoring with ADT, which I do not want to continue ($$$$)

None of the installation codes that I could find worked on this unit, so I have had to reset to system default.

My understanding is that the NX-4 has 4 zones unless zone doubling is turned on.
I have 4 motion sensors, plus a radio remote (on/off/panic) The relays from the remote are connected to zones 1&4, and there is a resistor one these zones.

I think I understand the idea behind programming the zones (but boy, are those manuals confusing...!)

1. Turn on zone doubling
2. Configure zones as entry/exit etc.

My questions are:
How should I configure the zones 1&4 ?
For example, zone 1 has downstairs sensor, plus the remote button 1 relay connected.
How do I tell it that this zone is both an exit zone, plus turns the alarm on & off.

I also want to be able to test the alarm (including dialing to my cell phone) without disturbing my neighbours. What is the best way to disable the siren/screamer- do I just physically disconnect ??

thanks in advance

Andrew

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-07, 05:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
Umm, you probably didn't have zone doubling. This uses a set of specific valued resistors, and you would have doubled inputs on each zone terminal.

What I suspect is that you simply have multiple devices configured on the 4 available zones (it sounds like you really should have had a larger system).

You say "relays for the remote" which leads me to guess that you have an add on wireless reciever, possibly multichannel for your remote; with one zone being used as an arm/disarm input, and the other a panic.

If they did use the zone doubling scheme, the resistors will be 3.74k ohm (brown, brown, yellow, violet, orange) and 6.98k ohm (brown, brown, grey, white, blue).

On a standard NX panel, zone doubling is turned on in location 37, segment 5, option 2 on.

To make zone one arm disarm, select type 11 (keyswitch zone), The panic zone would be type 2 (24-hour audible), unless you want a silent panic.