I need help w/ a DSC System....

Old 10-20-07, 01:49 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I need help w/ a DSC System....

I have recently bought a home with a DSC system in it and the previous owners bought the house new but never used the system. They also did not have any manuals for the system. I have looked all over and cannot find a model number. I know the house is 6 yrs old. I have taken the cover off of the system in the closet it is in and still can't find any info on a model number. Can anyone help me figure out where to look to find this? My husband is serving in Iraq and I would feel so much better knowing this system was working! All I want is to have it chime when one of the areas is accessed at night time. I do not want to have to call a security system to have it monitored but can't figure out what to do..PLEASE HELP!

Old 10-20-07, 03:24 PM
On the main panel circuit board look for a small sticker. It will have something like pc1550 or pc5010, with some other numbers and letters after. Here are some of the base models
pc1500
pc1555
pc2500
pc5010
pc4020
and lots of others. Once we have that we can get you a manual and try the default codes, and get you rolling.

Old 10-20-07, 03:39 PM
A
I have searched all over this thing and there were no stickers and the only numbers I have been able to find is this:

DSC R 3918

Then there is something stamped on the curcuit board 3800?
There was nothing with a "pc" in front of it.
Could one of these be it?

I was looking at some programming codes for a model 1832 (I have no idea why I just thought I would give it a try) and I was able to get the chime to work but the zone 5 light stays on and when I open those windows the chime will not work but with other zones it works fine. I also pressed something and now the ready light is lit up.

Old 10-20-07, 04:00 PM
how many zones are on the board? Also, is there a diagram on the inside of the door / cover of the panel?

The sticker you found is probably the date code for manufacture.

Old 10-20-07, 04:03 PM
A
There are 8 zones. I believe 6 are being used. Yes, it is hand written to what goes to each zone.

Old 10-20-07, 04:55 PM
Here is a link to the probable user manual for starters.
https://www.dsc.com/assets/manuals/P...03171_R002.pdf
The default master code is 1234

What is your zone 5, according to the list on the door?

I have to leave in a few minutes so I may not be able to answer more until later, but I or someone here will try to help you determine exactly which panel you have, and help you get it going.

Old 10-20-07, 05:02 PM
A
The 5 zone is for two front window and another window in a bedroom. I somehow turned the bypass on when I was messing around with the keypad so I don't know if I bypassed that area maybe. Thank you for your help by the way!

Old 10-20-07, 07:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
On most fairly recent DSC system the model number is generally written on the main IC chip in roughly the center of the motherboard.

It is very unusual for there to be no system diagram inside the main cabinet (where the battery is located) door.

Old 10-21-07, 04:40 PM
Amber,
How's it going with the alarm system?

Old 10-24-07, 08:23 PM
A
Hi
I had someone from ADT come out and give me a quote on getting the alarm hooked up. Told me $30 with an fire detector installed for free. I am not sure if I want to do that yet but the installer comes Sat. I am very afraid that he will lock me out and I won't be able to use my chime feature anymore Not real sure.
If I do decide to go that way(just the chime) ..I have a problem...the ready light is on and all of the zones are not lit up but I cannot get it to ARM. I believe I have the general password ( 1234) correct b/c it will bring the alarm back to ready whenever I type it in and it will do a 2 sec beep. Any ideas on what I can do or what is wrong NOW?!!

Old 10-24-07, 08:53 PM
Actually it sounds like you don't have the master code. The 2 second beep and return to ready sounds like an error code.

Old 10-24-07, 09:34 PM
Just realized, that's $30 a month, right? What are they charging to come out. I'd lay money that it's not free. Check around before you make a decision.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: