Wireless DSC troubles

Old 10-21-07, 11:37 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wireless DSC troubles

I recently had a new DSC 1832 system professionally installed and it works great but, now I've decided to add an extra wireless motion detector onto it and this is where I get totally lost. I've been going through the manual and while I've figured some of the steps out I have yet to get the new motion detector working.

What I've done so far:
I've added the new motion detector as zone 13 using option 03 for an instant alarm.
Then entering section 113 under programming I enabled bit 8 so the system knows the device is wireless.
Next I entered 804 from the programming menu and enter the 6 digit hex number from the back of the motion detector.

After this I'm completely lost as to what to do. I know I'm still missing something but I have no idea what. The manual is less then helpful and I've already looked over numerous threads on this forum for help. I know that I still need to add a zone descriptor but I don't know how to do that either. If anyone has experience adding wireless devices with this system please help.

Old 10-21-07, 04:12 PM
Have you enabled that zone in partition 1? Also, go into section 904, enter the zone number and do a test by pulling the motion off the bracket and tripping the tamper. This way you know the system is seeing it.

Old 10-21-07, 07:14 PM
S
That's what it was thanks, I knew it was going to be something simple like that. The only problem I'm having now is figuring how to give the zone a description, like kitchen backdoor etc…

Old 10-22-07, 04:33 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
The instructions for the LCD keypad programming is after the regular programming form in your manual (this is assuming that you do have a alphannumeric keypad and not a fixed LCD keypad).

Old 10-22-07, 12:24 PM
S
I do have a LCD keypad but I must be totally blind, I don't see anything about alphanumeric programming in the manual.

Old 10-22-07, 03:08 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
<sigh> No, it's not you. After years of putting the keypad programming sheets for the LCD keypad in the main system manuals, they now have them as a separate little form that apparently ships with the keypad only. (I don't like the layout of the new manuals even more than the old ones...)

(And DSC wonders why they are losing market share....)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: