ademco 20p - zone one

Old 10-23-07, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ademco 20p - zone one

I was all wired, programmed and fully functional when I decided to add one additional entry / exit to the one remaining zone (zone 1) instead of a smoke detector. For wiring, I have 2k eolr on high (#8 - yellow) and green on low (#9). its a tane22 ball. I changed zone type to entry / exit 1 but apparently one cannot change hardwire type to NC in zone 1 (it remains EOL). I still get a fault for zone 1 when system boots. All other zones working fine with contacts and motion detectors. Am I missing something with the wiring / programming? or can I not use a contact for zone 1?

Old 10-23-07, 06:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
If you have changed the zone type, have you checked to see if your zone contact is actually closing? By your description you wired it right (resistor in series with either of the two zone legs).

If you don't have a meter to check your zone loop continuity, the simple test is to simply put the resistor across the zone terminals. If the zone closes, then your problem is in your field wiring.

Old 10-23-07, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did you make sure the resistor is the right one? Check the color code stripes and match it to the others in the panel.
If that's right then try moving whatever you have on zone 2 to zone 1. If it works there, then it's the wiring, resistor or roller ball switch.
If zone 2 doesn't work on zone 1, then it's programming.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: