ADT Safewatch Plus RF bad window sensor

Old 10-27-07, 06:38 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch Plus RF bad window sensor

I have an ADT Safewatch Plus RF with a bad window sensor. Everday at the same time the alarm beeps and says I have a bad sensor. The trouble light constantly flashes. Is there anyway to remove the sensor. Also I have cancelled the service with ADT. Is there anyway to stop the system from calling ADT?

Old 10-27-07, 06:55 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
The SW plus RF is a modified ITI Commander 2000. One of the modifications (as I recall) is that the dialer is hard coded to call the ADT monitoring number. The odds are pretty good that the transmitter giving you trouble just needs a fresh battery.

Otherwise, realize that with this panel, your options are likely to be limited. You may wish to budget for upgrading to something more modern.

Old 10-27-07, 07:02 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The sensor in question was in a bathroom and corroded because of the moisture. I tried to replace the battery but it did not work.

Old 10-27-07, 07:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Websearch using the phrase "ITI Commander 2000 installer manual" . The system you have is a modified version, but this will be better than nothing. The replacement part you want is GE/ITI 60-686-43.

You might want to consider upgrading to a modern panel like a Simon or Concord family system that will probably be able to use the existing wireless devices you have.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: