DSC: How to add second keypad. Help

Old 10-30-07, 07:41 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC: How to add second keypad. Help

Hi,
This is a new home with prewired with DSC 832. Have 3 zone (5 windows contact each zone) for instant, 2 big door with contacts (entrance and backdoor) homerun to the panel and 2 motion sensors, Total of 5 instant and 2 delay for the sensor. I have one keypad on the first floor near entrance door and their is a 22/4 wire in the master bedroom that goes to the panel for additional keypad. How to program the 5 instant to be stay and all to be away. How to add the second keypad on the master bedroom. I want to be home monitoring. When it trigger it will dial my sister and my brother home phone.

Samarize the set up:

5 zone contact -program to be stay
2 motion detector -program to be away
2 keypads
Home monitoring.

Thanks for help..

Old 10-30-07, 09:42 AM
A
add auto dialer to your DSC 832 with 12 tele, #

Add classic Auto Dialer pro to your DSC 832. As soon as your alarm goes off it start dial the phon#. if the 1 # do not answer or goes to recding. then dial the next #. It can dail up to 12 #s for you. It is very easy to work with.

A
Originally Posted by junior65 View Post
Hi,

This is a new home with prewired with DSC 832. Have 3 zone (5 windows contact each zone) for instant, 2 big door with contacts (entrance and backdoor) homerun to the panel and 2 motion sensors, Total of 5 instant and 2 delay for the sensor. I have one keypad on the first floor near entrance door and their is a 22/4 wire in the master bedroom that goes to the panel for additional keypad. How to program the 5 instant to be stay and all to be away. How to add the second keypad on the master bedroom. I want to be home monitoring. When it trigger it will dial my sister and my brother home phone.

Samarize the set up:

5 zone contact -program to be stay
2 motion detector -program to be away
2 keypads
Home monitoring.

Thanks for help..

Old 10-30-07, 06:47 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Take a read through the post FAQ and post archives. Pretty much anything that applies to the PC1555/Power 632 also applies to the PC5010/Power 832.

Do you already have a copy of the installer manual _and_ programming sheets? You will need both. Websearch using the phrase "DSC PC5010 installer manual" and "DSC PC5010 programming manual".

Old 10-31-07, 09:54 AM
J
Originally Posted by alexdking View Post
Add classic Auto Dialer pro to your DSC 832. As soon as your alarm goes off it start dial the phon#. if the 1 # do not answer or goes to recding. then dial the next #. It can dail up to 12 #s for you. It is very easy to work with.

A
Thanks for the additional info..

Old 10-31-07, 10:17 AM
J
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
Take a read through the post FAQ and post archives. Pretty much anything that applies to the PC1555/Power 632 also applies to the PC5010/Power 832.

Do you already have a copy of the installer manual _and_ programming sheets? You will need both. Websearch using the phrase "DSC PC5010 installer manual" and "DSC PC5010 programming manual".
Yes..I have the manual and the programming sheets but the is confusing. I was able to find the way (I think) after few back and fort reading the manual and programming.

Here what I did. The unit is not been program. Its new with LCD keypad.
I log in with the installer code *8 then 5010. the 001 for the zone difination. I made zone 1,2 delay 01(2 sensors) then 3,4,5,6 as 03(instant) for door and windows contacts, change the system time to 30 sec. Disable the LTM. Now I'm stuck.
I want to add the second LCD keypad on the master bedroom to be primary keypad. Also how to make zone 3,4,5,6 program to stay the alarm is activated when were home. Do I change the program to 1,2 to 06 instead of 01 and 3,4,5,6 to 05 instead of 03?

Old 10-31-07, 07:00 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
"Stay/Away" programming only matters for things like motion detectors. Zones programmed as a stay/away zone type will automatically bypass if you don't open and close an entry/exit zone.

Perimeter zones generally are going to be instant. They are going to arm whether you are arming stay or away

To add a second keypad, you connect the thing to the keypad bus, and just set it for a different address than the one you already have in place.

Unless you are partitioning the system, the alarm doesn't care which keypad is "primary" they will both work exactly as setup.

Your information is kinda sketchy. Prehaps if you list out _what_ each zone is, physically, we can help you out a little better.

Old 11-01-07, 06:30 AM
J
"Stay/Away" programming only matters for things like motion detectors. Zones programmed as a stay/away zone type will automatically bypass if you don't open and close an entry/exit zone.

Perimeter zones generally are going to be instant. They are going to arm whether you are arming stay or away

To add a second keypad, you connect the thing to the keypad bus, and just set it for a different address than the one you already have in place.

Unless you are partitioning the system, the alarm doesn't care which keypad is "primary" they will both work exactly as setup.

Your information is kinda sketchy. Prehaps if you list out _what_ each zone is, physically, we can help you out a little better.
MrRonFL thanks for patient..

Thanks for enlighting me..means my set up for zone 1,2 (sensors) on 01 and 2,3,4,6,7 on 03 are correct.

Here is the set up. All of them were wired.

zone1 -wired sensor in the living room.
zone2 -wired sensor in second floor.(cover the entire 3 rooms doors)
zone3 -4 windows in series (contacts)
zone4 -5 windows in series (contacts)
zone5 -front door (contacts)
zone6 -side door (contact)
zone7 -not use
zone 8 -not use

The manual kind of comfusing.

Old 11-01-07, 03:09 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Ok, you keep sayin "sensor". Are these things motion detectors, or are they door contacts? It makes a difference.

From your description, I am assuming that they are motions.

Which zone is your entry/exit door(s) on? This also makes a difference. Based on the assumption that your zone 5 and 6 doors are the entry exit doors; the correct zone settings for all of the zones would be:
1--05
2--05
3--03
4--03
5--01
6--01
7--00
8--00

Old 11-02-07, 01:05 PM
J
Ok, you keep sayin "sensor". Are these things motion detectors, or are they door contacts? It makes a difference.

From your description, I am assuming that they are motions.

Which zone is your entry/exit door(s) on? This also makes a difference. Based on the assumption that your zone 5 and 6 doors are the entry exit doors; the correct zone settings for all of the zones would be:
1--05
2--05
3--03
4--03
5--01
6--01
7--00
8--00
I should make more clear but yes they are motion sensors. zone 5 and 6 are the entry/exit door with regular contacts and no partitions for keypad. I will try to do the program tomorrow.

Thanks for the help. Really appriciated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: