DSC Power 832 PC5010 alarm history problem

Old 11-02-07, 07:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I recently discontinued the monitoring of my alarm system. I am using the system as a stand alone but the alarm history feature does not appear to be working. If an alarm comes in when the system is armed and I then disarm the display says no alarm history and if I press *3 it again says no alarm history. How can I turn on the history feature or is there trouble with the system. (alarm history worked prior to alarm company disconnecting).Thanks for any help you can give.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-07, 08:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 22 Votes on 21 Posts
That's a hardwired feature, it cannot be turned off. Could you be disarming the system before the alarm actually activates? Also, arming again then disarming automatically clears the history buffer.

If you have the LCD5500(z) keypad, you can view the system log which retains even the stuff that has cleared the temporary buffer.

Old 11-03-07, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Is the system log to which you refer the event buffer? If so there was no event for the alarm listed. If not, how do I access this system log to which you refer?

Old 11-04-07, 02:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 22 Votes on 21 Posts
From the user manual:
"View Event Buffer
The panel will store the last 128 events which occurred on the system. To view the event buffer, select
the “View Event Buffer” prompt from the user functions list. The keypad will display the event number,
partition, time and date of each event. To toggle to the event name, press the[*] key. Use the arrow (<
>) keys to scroll through all of the events in the buffer. When you have finished viewing the events,
press [#] to exit."

Again, you have to have the LCD 5500(z) keypad to do this. If you are looking for an event, and not finding one, then you may not have actually had an alarm to find. Like the alarm memory, the event buffer is hardwired, and cannot be erased.