ADTSafewatchPro2000/Vista20se FC error

Old 11-06-07, 06:07 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADTSafewatchPro2000/Vista20se FC error

Greetings...

re ADTSafewatchPro2000/Vista20se FC error and 02 not ready error

Many tks the previous help! I have the manuals (Vista20se) and the codes. I have replaced the battery. The "BAT" error is now gone.

But, I now have an "FC" error. I have read that this is a comm failure msg.

This device is not "plugged in" to the telephone system at all. I can see where the plug is and can see that it is unplugged.

I can turn the system off with the code + 1 -- the FC code then appears along with ac and not ready

If I turn the system back on code + * then I get an 02 (door that is about two feet from the keypad and closed!!) ac and not ready.

I do not want the system to be monitored by ADT

There are apparently several emergency telephone numbers marked on the keyboard - FIRE and POLICE

How can I fix this FC trouble display? The manual, of course, says to call for service immediately.

How do I fix the 02 not ready msg?

Tks

Harve Thorn

Old 11-06-07, 06:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Enter programming and enter *41* and *42*. This will erase the phone numbers and turn off the dialer. Exit programming with *99.

For the door, look at the door. Either the magnet for the contact is missing (common, people replace the door and don't replace the magnet), or the contact itself is bad.

Old 11-06-07, 06:55 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
tks help!!

Your advice took care of the FC problem and the door magnets appear to have an alignment problem. If I shut the door "just so" then that zone is okay and I get a "ready". If I don't shut it "just so" then it shows as an "02" and "not ready"

I will work on that door.....

Thanks again for your help. As I work my way through this box and learn more, I am sure that I will discover that I haven't learned as much as I thought I had!

I will no doubt have other questions!

Thank you!

Harve Thorn

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: