DSC 1555MX adding wireless 5132-433, have some questions

Old 11-07-07, 02:14 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC 1555MX adding wireless 5132-433, have some questions

Hello,
First post here so bear with me
I have a DSC Power 632 with hard wired sensors. I think four or five zones are used. I would like to add the wireless module and add two wireless sensors. I am confused, I think this panel comes standard with six zones, correct? So if I have four hard wired, that would leave me the two for wireless or are the wireless handled differently? I installed a DCS alarm years ago in my previous home (1500 or 1550, can't remember) but did it start to finish so have some DSC programming experience. I had a heck of a time getting the installer code for my current setup so now ready to go..But before I order parts, I was wondering if someone could clarify how this system handles the wireless as opposed to hard wired in regards to panel quantity..I have to get in there and see just how many wired zones are used. I did have them come back and add a smoke alarm so I may be up to five now. I also have three keypads currently.

Thanks for your advice and patience..I may have to come back for some programming advice if the manual loses me!

Oh..Would it be worth my while to buy the PClink cable and do the programming with the software? Is it easier than using all the two and three digit codes?

John

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-07, 04:14 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 57 Posts
When you add wireless, that gives you the ability to add up to 32 total zones (6 hardwired, one keypad input, and the rest wireless).

In my opinion, the software doesn't really help that much, because you still have to follow DSCs nomenclature and logic. Once you get a grasp of the programming syntax, it's pretty simple.

Just remember, alarm manuals aren't like a stero system manual. They are a reference and there's a lot of page flipping involved, and they assume that you understand things like basic circuit diagrams.

Old 11-12-07, 07:02 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
When you add wireless, that gives you the ability to add up to 32 total zones (6 hardwired, one keypad input, and the rest wireless).

In my opinion, the software doesn't really help that much, because you still have to follow DSCs nomenclature and logic. Once you get a grasp of the programming syntax, it's pretty simple.

Just remember, alarm manuals aren't like a stero system manual. They are a reference and there's a lot of page flipping involved, and they assume that you understand things like basic circuit diagrams.
Hi Ron..
Thanks for the insight and info..I think I will skip the software since it doesn't really simplify things that much..I remember when I installed my PC1500, there was plenty of flipping back and forth..This does seem to be a bit more complex a panel though..
Thanks again!
John

Old 11-12-07, 09:48 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 57 Posts
If you have already worked through a 1500, you will be fine.

There are a lot more options, but for the lions share of them, the factory default setting works just fine.