VISTA-15P Wireless suggestions

Old 11-10-07, 10:55 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
VISTA-15P Wireless suggestions

Thanks for this forum, I have got my alarm doing almost everything I want it to do by using this forum, but I am now realizing that I have a couple of windows that are going to be really hard to wire. So i figured it was a good excuse to go wireless and have something else to learn and play with.
-So I have been looking and was just wondering price-quality what do you experts receommend?
-I know I need a wireless receiver like 5881??
-Then what kind of window sensors work good that aren't really expensive as I have to buy 5 of them.
-On a future upgrade note- I want to eventually get a keyfob remote- will that work with the same receiver?
-I have a 1700sg ft house. If the receiver is centrally located, will the range be good enough or do I need a repeater or something.

Old 11-11-07, 08:00 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Most typical and reliable wireless window/door sensors are the Honeywell/Ademco 5816's. You could probably get a good deal on them on Ebay.

A 5881 receiver would work fine, but for a little more, you could go to a 5883H.

Old 11-11-07, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It really depends on your needs. The 5881enx is a receiver only. The L is low, 8 zones, the M is medium, 16 zones, and the H is high, as many zones as the control panel will handle.

The 5883 is a bi-directional receiver and you only need it if you are going to use bi-directional keyfobs or wireless keypads.

You could also use 6150rf or 6160rf keypads with the bi-directional receiver built in, but if you already have all your keypads, go with the receiver, it's costs less.

As far as the sensors, the 5800micra was made for vinyl windows. If those won't work, the new 5820L is nice & slim, and the 5814 is very small. I like these for windows alot better than the bigger ones.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: