ADT Vista-10Se infested by chime bats

Old 11-27-07, 06:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADT Vista-10Se infested by chime bats

Last night the keypad for my ADT Vista-10SE system began beeping rapidly. The keypad displayed "CHIME BAT" I turned the beeping off. And called ADT. They suggested the problem is the rechargeable battery that provides backup power to the system.

I removed the battery which was replaced ~ 2-3 years ago and placed it on a Battery Tender tester / charger and it looks good. I placed a spare UPS battery on the tester / charger overnight so I'd have a good battery to test the system with this morning.

I checked the battery fuse (sloppy installer left the Programming Guide. Thank you sloppy installer!) and it shows 0.000 resistance. I plugged a fully tested / charged battery into the system and the "CHIME BAT" did not go away.

Do I need to reset the system to recognize the new battery?

Is there additional troubleshooting I can try?

Thanks for reading this post!

Old 11-27-07, 08:48 AM
First, the display is showing two messages. 1.) Chime is on and 2.) system battery is low. After replacing the battery, you must disarm the system twice to clear the message. As far as the installer leaving the programming manual, that is a standard practice and a good one.

Old 11-27-07, 04:02 PM
Chime bats begone!

1.) Chime is on and 2.) system battery is low. After replacing the battery, you must disarm the system twice to clear the message.

This resolved the problem exactly! Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: