Concord Express Smoke Alarm Deactivation Problem

Old 11-28-07, 04:27 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concord Express Smoke Alarm Deactivation Problem

Hello Guys. The smoke alarm for my Concord Express Alarm system was activated Thanksgiving Day. I am only able to temporarily stop it from announcing a trouble in zone 6 for about ten hours. I do this by pressing 1, then my code, then 1, then my code on the control panel. How can I permanently reset the detector so it quits until the next REAL smoke alarm? I have read the user manual and it says to use the directions given by the installer, but unfortunately, they left no instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Old 11-28-07, 04:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Entering 1 + code a couple of time _should_ reset them, unless the original installers used 4 wire smokes and didn't configure them correctly.

Depending on the brand of smokes you have, you can simply remove the head from the base for a minute, or unplug the harness from the back. Give it a good cleaning with some canned air, plug it back in and then enter the code again.

If they are just showing trouble, and you have the ESL brand smokes, these have a "clean me" feature to alert you when the smokes are dirty.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: