Dsc 5010

Old 01-03-08, 09:34 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dsc 5010

Hi guys. I was wondering if I could get some help in regards to my system.

I moved into a new place a few days ago which has an un-monitored DSC 5010 security system. I couldn't help myself but to play with the panel, setting it off of course and not having the code from the previous owners. Apparently they themselves didn't have the code. Anyway, I unplugged it completely to stop the noise, then started digging on the net to figure out how to reset it.

I found this site, with a lot of good posts to get me there. So luckily, the installer code of 5010 works and I have no problem accessing the panel's programming features. Unfortunately I didn't realize (and I think) that the zone settings all got wiped and have to be reprogrammed as well.

Aside from a few minor things I set up, I'm now looking for a guide on how to set up the zones. I have the installation, programming and user manuals and am trying to figure those out. I'm also going to dig through some more posts, but

1. if anyone has any good zone setup resources/guides, it would be appreciated...

and my two other quick additional questions.

2. The manual says once I hit *, the keypad should show me some text and scroll buttons but I don't see anything, commands like changing the time and entering programming mode work, but the main panel display is always blank, like the operation in it's entirety is hidden from me, and I can't find what setting turns it back on. The manual says I should see text.

3. Whenever I exit a mode with #, a few numbers single numbers flash.. "6" then it gets replaced with "7" then "8" then it repeats 3-4 times until the panel goes idle and the time comes back. I guess it's trying to show me the zones currently being violated? if not, then I have no idea what that means and also how to turn it off. Started coming up once I reset the panel.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-04-08, 08:18 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Look through the archived posts in this forum concerning the 5010 (Power 832) as well as the PC 1555 (Power 632). This is nearly a weekly topic here, and the two panels share a basic programming model.

For your keypad, had I to guess, you probably programmed it as a "global" keypad. Press and hold the 1 key. If the system shows a normal display that means you set it up wrong. From that point you can go back into programming and set the keypad address to 1X instead of 0X.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: