CPI DCS POWER 832 Problems

Old 01-05-08, 07:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation CPI DCS POWER 832 Problems

The power went out in my house this morning and it has messed up the security system because of it. This system is not monitored by CPI nor do I know the master code since I was not the original owner of this house.

Is there any way to find out the master code or reset it?? My alarm is stuck on trouble and away and constantly beeps.

Please help!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-08, 10:54 AM
Without the installer code, you can't find out the master code. Try unplugging the power and battery for a few minutes. If that doesn't work, leave it powered down while you figure out what to do.

I assume you have no code at all? If you have a code that worked before, the master isn't going to help you at the moment.

If your up for a challenge, you can get the manual, default the panel (most likely, but it could be locked out), and reprogram it from scratch.

Old 01-05-08, 12:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Enter *8 5010 or 5555, if the keypad beeps rapidly and goes into program mode, just press # until it goes back to run mode. If the installer code works, there is a way to extract/change the master code.

You are saying that the away indicator is on, that sounds like the system is armed. You may have no other alternative than a default. You cannot get into program mode, even with the installer code if the system is armed.

Old 01-25-08, 09:04 PM
cds power 832 problem also

i also have the same problem, i am not the original owner and do not have the master code. I did try doing the *8 5010, then it went to enter selection??? i entered 123 and then it asked for the toggle option??? Now what?

Old 01-25-08, 09:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It sounds like you have the LCD 5500 keypad, which is helpful.

For now, enter # until you exit program mode (by now, it has probably timed out anyway)

When you re-enter program mode, enter 007, and it should display the current master code. Write that down and press # until you are out of programming again.

If you don't have a copy of the installer manual and programming book, you should search for them. Run a websearch using the phrase: "Installer/Programming manual DSC PC5010"

Old 01-25-08, 10:06 PM
help

now the alarm is on and i don't know how to turn it off
\

Old 01-25-08, 10:11 PM
alarm off

I have unplugged the battery and removed the transformer. What will happen when i plug it back in again. I am not sure what i pressed to make the alarm ready. I pressed the * then 007 and it activated the alarm.

Old 01-25-08, 10:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You didn't hit *0 (quick arm), did you?

You can try powering down and restarting the system. If you are lucky it wasn't set to restore power in the previous state.

Old 01-25-08, 10:21 PM

Yes, that is probably what happened because i hit * then 007. Guess that wasn't the thing to do. Since I don't want to wake my neighbors up by plugging it back in, I will try tomorrow. Thank you for your help - hope you will be there when I try to power it back up. As you can tell, I really don't know what i am doing.

Old 01-26-08, 06:02 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, you were _supposed_ to press # NOT *.

The correct sequence was *8 + [installer code]
007 to view the master code
# to exit programming

If the panel powers back up in alarm, pretty much the _only_ choice you have, short of a lucky guess at the master code is to default the system.

BEFORE YOU DO THIS, read over the archived posts about DSC power series panels (PC1555, PC5010, etc). Nearly every pitfall and question about this process gets asked 3-5 times a week.

To prevent annoying your neighbors, simply take one of the wires off of the siren/bell terminals.

Old 01-26-08, 09:28 AM

Looks like I have to default the system (after plugging the power back in, it is still in alarm mode - but I did remove a wire to the bell!). In a manual I downloaded it lists [999] Restore Factory Default Programming (section 5.31 "Default [Factory]") - but no other info. Is there someplace else I should be looking for that?

Once I do that, the system will have to be reprogrammed? Is that doable - our system is not that difficult (2 door sensors with a chime when opened and a couple of motion detectors), but the manual does not look user friendly. If I have to call the installers out, how much time will it take to do this?

Old 01-26-08, 09:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
In my copy of the installation manual, it's on page 37-38. It's also in the FAQ posted on this forum.

The programming is not _difficult_, but you have to follow the basic programming concepts in the manual. A tech that knows DSC products could probably clear and reprogram the whole thing in under 1/2 hour if there are no surprises, and you already know what zone is supposed to do what.

Old 04-10-08, 07:13 AM
trouble with pc585

Hi, Im from argentina, I have a DSC newclassic PC585. Its like a 832. My system works perfect about 1 minute and 16 sec. then led system turn on and died. I ve reset with PGM1 and Z1, reset the eeprom, change the keyboard, reset with *8 999 5555 999, but nothing. Again works perfect exactly 1 minute and 16 sec. and I hear the comunication relay making contact very quickly and then the keyboard blocked.
Do you have any clue? Thanks. Another thing, over the keyboard contact "Y" I measure 9 volts, and over the "G" only 6 volts, Is this correct ?

Old 04-10-08, 05:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you heard the telco relay click rapidly (about 10 times) then it means that the installer lockout feature was turned on, and your default defaulted everything _except_ the installer code. Short of a lucky guess, the thing is a paperweight, and you will need to replace the motherboard.

Old 01-22-09, 02:15 PM
power832

Hi, I read the forums below and was wanting to know how I can default the system if I have no codes. OR, if I replace the keypad with a new one will that make the system usable? I bought the house a year ago as a foreclosed home and I received nothing from the bank. I leave the system plugged in and was able to get the beeping to stop by holding the exit button until I hear a long beep...any information would be greatly appreciated

Old 01-22-09, 05:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Run a websearch using your favorite search engine using the phrases: "DSC PC 5010 installer manual" and "DSC PC 5010 programming manual".

You will need them.

In the FAQ sticky "Alarm Forum FAQ: Please read before posting", the basic procedure for defaulting a DSC power series panel is posted.