keypad battery replacement

Old 01-10-08, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
keypad battery replacement

Recently both of my alarm keypads started making a constant a high pitched sound, similar to the door chime but steady. On the display the "BAT" is lit indicating there is a low battery condition. The noise stops by pressing the chime button.
I have no wireless devices and the system is a Safewatch Pro 3000en with two ADT safewatch custom 3000 keypads installed about 4 yrs ago by ADT.
I removed one of the keypads from the wall and found a small dime-sized very thin battery inside and when I removed it there is no door chime. I think this small battery needs to be replaced but am not positive. There are no marking on the battery. Can anyone confirm this is the problem and if so where can I purchase the batteries? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-08, 06:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 34 Posts
Ummm, that wasn't a battery, that was probably the piezo sounder. The battery the system wanted you to check/change is the one in the main system cabinet. You have probably permanantly damaged that keypad.

Pressing _any_ key will briefly silence the trouble sounder. Entering your code + 1 (off) like you are disarming the system will silence the trouble for 24 hours.

The system battery is a sealed lead acid battery, usually 5 to 7 AH. You can get them from battery dealers, better stocked home centers (they are used for emergency lights and UPS systems), and alarm hardware dealers.

Old 01-10-08, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks

I was able to put the sounder back together and it still works (got lucky).. I'll pick up another battery. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.