Vista 20p Few quick questions....

Old 01-11-08, 10:02 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20p Few quick questions....

First I would like to say thanks to all the contributors in these forums, without all of you I wouldn't have an operational alarm system at this point. On to the good stuff. Here is a quick rundown of my setup then on to the questions.

Vista 20p of course..
6271c touch pad

5 zones
1st is a smoke detector
2nd is a follower motion sensor
3rd is main entry
4th is perimeter motion sensor
5th is rear entry.

So I have everything done and working but I still have a few things not quite right.. or maybe they are I don't know for sure.
The main thing is when I arm the system to away mode, after the exit delay when it arms it goes in to stay mode? I have no clue why lol.

I wasnt sure what hardwire type is so I left them all to EOL. Is that correct or no?
Also I wanted to setup the chime feature, so I went into to programming mode *81 then list no 3 then entered the zones I want to chime 3,5. Then i exited and turned on chime in operation mode. The problem is zone 4 peremiter motion sensor chimes everytime which will drive a guy crazy. So not sure what im missing there.
Any help would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks again

Last edited by Gabe Morris; 01-11-08 at 10:03 AM. Reason: I forgot the most important question lol
Old 01-11-08, 01:59 PM
You need to turn off auto-stay in programming. This is a feature that prevents false motion alarms, while you are in the house. For the chime, turn off chime by zone in programming, this is not needed. Outside of programming enter code+9 to turn chime on or off. EOL is correct for a hardwired zone that has an eol resistor attaced.

Old 01-11-08, 08:12 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 115 Votes on 106 Posts
As KCXJ said, the auto stay is not a "bug" it's a feature. As long as you open and close and entry/exit zone, it will stay in Away mode. It's in the user and installation manuals, but it's one of those things that's mentioned in passing, and most people initially miss it.

You have to set motion detectors to one of the interior zone types in zone programming (*56).

By your list of zones I would choose the following zone types:

1st is a smoke detector (type 09)
2nd is a follower motion sensor (type 04)
3rd is main entry (type 01)
4th is perimeter motion sensor (type 04 or you could use the configurable zones to create a "perimeter" zone that doesn't chime)
5th is rear entry. (type 01 unless you want a different delay, then use 02)

Old 01-14-08, 02:23 PM
G
Thanks for the info

OK all makes sense I will try it out tonight. Thanks again for all your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: