Vista 15P \ 6150 RF - Clear FC and call cell

Old 01-19-08, 07:59 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Vista 15P \ 6150 RF - Clear FC and call cell

I have a Vista 15P system with a 6150RF keypad. I have reprogrammed it with my Cingular 8125 Smart Phone as the primary number thinking, in theory, that it will text me. I thought I was good, but found out last night that is not the case...

I got eight calls to my cell phone, all within one minute of one another. However, I did not realize that the panel expects an answer tone before transmitting. Therefore, my keypad is now displaying "FC" and I am unable to clear it. So my two questions are:

1. How can I clear the "FC" error code?
2. What is the proper way (if any) to set up the system to text a cell phone?

Any help you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-08, 08:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
To clear the FC code, just erase the phone numbers you programmed.

There is no way to make it send a text message.

The best you can pull off is to use the pager format, which does not need a kissoff tone.

Old 01-19-08, 09:16 PM
Although, most people that want an alarm to call a cell phone, do not want to pay for a service. You can have this panel text and email you, but it does come with central station monitoring. What you need is an alarmnet-GSM with proper firmware and a security service that offers Honeywell's Total Connect service. If this is not something that interests you, could look into a voice dialer.

Old 01-20-08, 07:40 AM
S
MrRonFL - Thank you once again. The "FC" is now cleared and I am attempting to program a page.

kcxj - It's not that I don't want to pay to have it monitored. It's that every company that I have contacted so far refuses to monitor unless they replace my equipment with theirs, to the tune of +/- $350. If you have any suggestions for monitoring companies that do not require replacing my equipment, I'm all ears. In the meantime, I will check out voice dialers (thank you for the suggestion )

Old 01-20-08, 08:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Take a look at watchlight.com

I have my service through them and you will be able to use your existing equipment, and there is no contract. UL approved monitoring stations, and I think like $9 a month. They have been great.

Old 01-20-08, 10:04 AM
The company I work for will takeover 99% of all alarm panels. If you want the name of our company, then pm me.