ADT Motion Sensor Problem

Old 01-28-08, 04:09 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Motion Sensor Problem

I have an ADT Safewatch Plus RF system and am having an issue with one of the motion sensors (Detection Systems model #60-511). The unit detects a low battery, followed by failure every 1-2 months after battery replacement. None of the other sensors, including the other motions, are having problems and batteries last for years.

ADT says they'll come out, but it'll cost me. Does anyone have any advice, including perhaps removing the sensor from the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-08, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a bad transmitter. If you pay ADT to send a tech, make sure they send a tech that is familiar with ITI. These panels can be hand programmed, it is an ITI Commander 2000, customized by ADT. Here is a link to the installation manual.

http://www.sdilink.com/GE%20Manuals/...%20Install.pdf

The programming code should be 6321 or 7123. You may be able to find a replacement model, or you may have to delete the sensor. I'm not sure if the new GE stuff is backwards compatible with this panel.

Old 01-28-08, 09:37 PM
I believe all GE learnmode sensors are backward compatible to other learnmode panels as long as you use the crystal sensors and not the saw. I don't think the older ITI panels were saw compatible. And of course make sure they are 319.5 frequency, though I've never seen anything else from them, but could be.

Caretaker (not plus) and SX-V were not learn mode.

Old 01-29-08, 07:21 AM
E
Thanks for the replies (and the link to the installation manual). I think I'd rather delete the sensor since we have cats now and we never set the motions anyway. I just didn't want to pay ADT "a minimum of $134" to do it.

The manual describes how to delete a wireless sensor, so I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Old 02-03-08, 02:01 PM
E
Unfortunately, the programming code is not the default (4321) or the two listed above (6321 or 7123). Nothing happens if I put these codes into the system with the battery cover off, as instructed in the manual. I assume ADT changed the default code upon installation. I could brute force my way through finding the code, but I'm not sure if you can keep punching in numbers until it works.

One thing that doesn't seem to happen as described in the manual is that the "panel's tamper switch is activated and the system begins a 2-minute backup battery test" after removal of the battery cover.

If anyone knows what's going on here, I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Old 02-04-08, 03:18 PM
Could be the panels tamper switch is stuck closed.