Enrolling keypads on PowerSeries 632

Old 01-30-08, 11:34 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Post Enrolling keypads on PowerSeries 632

Hi There,

I'm running a Powerseries 632 panel with two PC5508Z keypads.

I am in the process of swapping out the two PC5508Z's and replacing with LCD5500Z's instead. I will also keep one of the left over PC5508Z's as a keypad for the basement.

From the Powerseries 632 documentation, it indicates LCD5500Z keypads must be enrolled in keypad slot #8. So does that mean if I have two LCD5500Z keypads, both will be configured for slot #8?

So I envision that I must go to _each_ of the two LCD5500Z keypads and enter:
[*][8][installer’s code][000][0][18][#][#]

Or should one LCD5500Z take slot 8 and the other take slot 7?

Should I enroll the remaining PC5508Z as slot 1?

In general, when you remove keypads from the system, especially ones that have zone inputs that _are_ being used? I guess this info may be lost and will need to reprogram the keypad zone for the given slot?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Old 01-30-08, 03:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
It means that they recommend that _one_ be on slot 8 (their technical reason has never been clear). Any additional keypads can be on any other available slot, and should be. The LED keypad can stay on it's current address, and you can set the second LCD for slot 2.

If you are replacing a keypad with a used zone input, then you definitely want to set the address to the same one (because that's how the system knows where that zone is connected).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: