Alarm system DSC PC 1550

Old 02-03-08, 01:15 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Alarm system DSC PC 1550

I managed to bring the system to the default state, but I am unable to program it. After a great effort I managed to enter the phone number (section [01]), but every time I enter a section data, I find that the keypad indicates the wrong data, for example if I want to enter 6 which is: OFF ON ON OFF; I will get something like: ON ON ON ON. Also the installer code is not 8999 as the manual said. Even if I used the default state I still can not arm the system. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Old 02-03-08, 10:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 124 Votes on 115 Posts
Ummm, I'm not sure what version of the PC1500/1550 manual you are looking at, but the _standard_version (http://www.thaisecurity.com/download...stallation.pdf) installer code is 1500 or 1550.

That DSC binary data display does throw people off: When you enter information into a segment it automatically jumps to the _next_ segment and shows you the information for the _next_ digit. The only way to view the contents of the locations is to use the panic keys to step through the digits.

Read over the programming guide chapter, it actually is oddly worded, so your confusion is fairly typical.

Old 02-03-08, 10:38 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Alarm system DSC PC 1550

You are right I figured it out the hard way. Now everything looks OK. But I am unable to Arm the system. I have memory light on and all the 6 zones' lights are on. I just could not bring the system up to the ready state. l programmed section [01] only and all the other section set to defalult. In other words I did not change anything, else. I have problem with zone #6 motion dedector and I tried to bypass it.

Thanks.

Old 02-04-08, 05:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 124 Votes on 115 Posts
You need to turn off the requirement for the end of line resistors (programming location 12: turn ON option 5). Any zones that remain open after that will need to have the contacts/devices and/or wiring checked (usually it's just missing magnets).

Be sure to read the FAQ for this forum, a lot of this stuff is already there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: