Adding smoke detectors to Safewatch Pro 3000

Old 02-27-08, 07:25 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adding smoke detectors to Safewatch Pro 3000

When I had this system installed, I didn't have it hooked up to the smoke detectors. I would kind of like to, and I wonder if it's something I can do myself. Running the wiring from the control panel to the nearest smoke detector is pretty easy, and the smoke detectors are all linked (one goes off, they all go off).

Is this simple wiring? From the installation manual it doesn't look like too much. I don't know if all of the zones need to be reconfigured or anything like that, and I also don't know if a tech needs to reprogram the system to adjust for fire.

Any ideas?

Old 02-27-08, 07:58 AM
I
Originally Posted by flintsilver7 View Post
When I had this system installed, I didn't have it hooked up to the smoke detectors. I would kind of like to, and I wonder if it's something I can do myself. Running the wiring from the control panel to the nearest smoke detector is pretty easy, and the smoke detectors are all linked (one goes off, they all go off).

Is this simple wiring? From the installation manual it doesn't look like too much. I don't know if all of the zones need to be reconfigured or anything like that, and I also don't know if a tech needs to reprogram the system to adjust for fire.

Any ideas?

I can tell you from experience that you are in unchartered waters. The smoke detectors which you have in your home (which are linked together) are not the type which can be wired to your security system cpu. If yow want the type of smoke detectors which can be wired to your security panel you will have to purchase them through someone who is associated with a security alarm distriibutor. I could help you there if you should need it. Rick

Old 02-27-08, 02:25 PM
R
My ADT safewatch pro 3000 uses the wireless smoke detector. The wireless device uses the same unit for the wireless door sensors. From there you just do the configuration in adding a new wireless device. All that info should be in your installation manual.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: