safewatch pro 2000 stay mode

Old 03-02-08, 05:38 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
safewatch pro 2000 stay mode

Just got around to looking at previous installed system. unplugged, disconnect battery, got the new master code doing the *#, 20.....
workd great at first, but somehow in there, I messd something up. forver stuck armed in stay mode now, even after removing all power for several hours. also, can no longer get master code, nor anything else. just always armed in stay mode. any ideas?

Old 03-02-08, 07:04 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If you were using the installer code to arm and disarm, and accidentally triggered the quick arm function, the installer code will not disarm the system. If you actually set a new master code, then something else went wrong.

In any case, if you do the power up * + #, the system should be disarmed when you exit programming with *99, then you can use the installer code to reset the master code. The manuals you need for this system is a Vista 20se.

Old 03-02-08, 07:14 PM
H
Can I try these things with the alarm bell at terminals 3 and 4 disconnected?
I unplug the AC, disconnect battery, connect battery only, then when i look back at display, it says d1 and stay, so if I try to initiate the * and #, the panic alarm sounds..
I had used the * and # previous, then the 20...and so on to retreive the four digit master code, but now with this situation, its always armed and stay mode...I will look for the other manual you mention. thanks..

Old 03-03-08, 04:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Do not power up with the battery, use the AC power. You are probably waiting too long. You have to press * + # within 50 seconds of restoring power.

YOU DID NOT RETRIEVE THE MASTER CODE, YOU RETRIEVED THE _INSTALLER CODE_, WHICH WILL NOT DISARM THE SYSTEM IF IT WAS ARMED WITH ANY OTHER CODE.

You may need to have someone hold * + # on the keypad _while_ you restore power.

Yes, you can disconnect the bell circuit.

Old 03-07-08, 03:26 PM
H
Thanks, tried your suggestion. disconnected the bell. powered up AC only. initial display is D1 and not ready, I immediately started with the * and #. No effect. When the time out is up. systems arms itself in "Stay " mode. Same results if I power up on battery only. If I try either of these with bell hooked up, alarm sounds. I left panel unpk,ugged and battery disconnected for a few days, before trying this. At a loss, as first when I tried any pof this and retreived the installer code, it worked. Wish I knew what I did to get this messed up afterwards....Any help would be great.

Old 03-07-08, 06:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I am beginning to wonder if this system is still connected to the telephone lines, dialed out (one of the standard ADT configurations sends transmissions with every arm & disarm), and they dialed up the system and disabled local programming access. If so, the only thing to try is to power down, have a helper hold down the * + # keys _while_ you restore power. This _may_ bypass the lockout.

If not, you have a paperweight.

Old 03-07-08, 06:25 PM
H
Thanks. Here on my own, managed to rig something to hold down the * and #, while powering up. back to where I was when I started this mess. installer code works. Able to arm/disarm etc. All Good. You are amazing. I've fumbled thru setting a new master code. all seems to be working as adevertised. Oh, and no, I wasnt hooked up to phone lines, so that wasnt an issue. Thanks again

Old 03-07-08, 06:44 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Try [installer code]+[8]+[01]+[new code] as well as the same sequence with [02].

Make sure that you are out of programming mode when you do this, and that you enter the sequence in a smooth string without more than a couple of seconds between keystrokes, or it will ignore you.

This is one area where these ademco design panels are maddening, because even knowing the sequence, I often have to enter it a couple of times on some systems before the code takes, and I do this all the time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: