System programming: GE concord 4

Old 03-28-08, 06:29 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
System programming: GE concord 4

Hi security system gurus:

I have GE concord 4 at my home, installed by the builder.

I am trying to hook this system to a central station for monitoring. All I have to do is to program the panel with phone number to report the alarm. However, when I hit 8+installercode+00, the keypad beeps and goes back to normal display, as if I made a mistake.. I know the code is correct because, after 8+code, it says "enter CMD".

I called the builder and he says that I don't have the right keypad to do "system programming".. Quick glance through the manual shows that some of the keypads indeed are not compatible for system programming. (fixed display) and I might have the fixed display..

Do I have any other option? can I somehow program the phone numbers using fixed display?

Thanks
Kn.

Old 03-28-08, 07:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
Nope, the fixed display will never display the prompts you need, and there is no way to enter the data blindly. For a Concord family panel, you need the proper alpha keypad.

Old 03-28-08, 11:13 PM
G
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
Nope, the fixed display will never display the prompts you need, and there is no way to enter the data blindly. For a Concord family panel, you need the proper alpha keypad.

Actually, you CAN program the CS numbers, account numbers, and sensors with a Fixed English Display keypad on a Concord 4 (not the Express or previous versions of Concord)

8+code+03 (Quick Programming)

Old 03-28-08, 11:14 PM
K
8+code+03?

Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post

Thanks.. somewhere I read about 8+install.code+03 to do limited sys.programming.. but there is no mention of it in my installation guide.... (or didn't I look hard enough?)

Do you have any idea?

thanks a lot!!!

Kn.

Old 03-28-08, 11:21 PM
G
Originally Posted by knkums View Post
Thanks.. somewhere I read about 8+install.code+03 to do limited sys.programming.. but there is no mention of it in my installation guide.... (or didn't I look hard enough?)

Do you have any idea?

thanks a lot!!!

Kn.

See my previous post..!

Old 03-28-08, 11:24 PM
G
Originally Posted by knkums View Post

Do you have any idea?

thanks a lot!!!

Kn.
Pg. 62 Install Manual...

Old 03-29-08, 12:33 AM
K
Great!!!!!

Originally Posted by GEGUY View Post
Pg. 62 Install Manual...
Thanks a lot.. I found it...

BTW, on my manual, it is on pg. 63, under "Quick programming"..

thanks
Kn.

Old 07-09-09, 02:51 PM
F
Ge Concord 4 - new Purchase

I just purchased a GE Concord 4 system. I am reading the install manual and it seems difficuclt to understand.
Is there a Concord 4 "manual for dummies" that someone has put out?
I am trying to figure out such things as the wiring for my door sensors and PIRs and where to wire them into the unit, and what constitutes a "zone"
Thanks for any help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: