Want to activate pre-installed home security system.

Old 03-29-08, 03:43 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Want to activate pre-installed home security system.

Hi Ron;
Just moved into a house built 1999, equipped with DSC PC1555 and the key pads are PC5508Z zones 1-5 door sensors, zone6 motion sensor. Right now power and battery and phone line are disconnected. when I plug in the power, the bypass light comes on as well as the alarm light and alarm sounds once, it allows several minutes before sirens going off, it looks like the sensors are working properly.
I wanted to set the system without having it monitored by an outside agency, you know set it at night etc.

How do you suggest I go about programming the system? I don't have the previous codes.
Thanks;
Reza

Old 03-29-08, 07:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Take a look about 3/4 of the way down this page for the programming. You may want to Google search for the installer manual.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=203784

Old 03-30-08, 09:11 AM
S
Hi all;
I reset the system using the instructions, now the green ready light is on, and the trouble light is on, I assume all codes have defaulted to manufacture default. All sensors look to be working.
how do I get rid of the trouble light on?
Thanks;
Reza

Old 03-30-08, 09:41 AM
S
I am actually looking at the manual and fount the troubles 1,3,8, I have reset the time, will keep you posted, trouble light 8 on LED is now fixed.
Thanks

Old 03-30-08, 10:18 AM
S
Hi all;
My system is now working like I wanted, Time is set, I can set the alarm, all sensors working, I am not connected to monitoring center (no phone line connection), the Trouble light is still on (LED display panel, for zone 3 (telephone line) and zone 1 (call installer)). Can/should I override these two, or should I just leave it alone?
Thanks for your help.
Reza

Old 03-30-08, 11:53 AM
S
Can I also connect the telephone line and configure the system to call my cell phone, the system I have is DCS PC1555 and the chip is 1555-50/300 ? my key pad is the LED PC5508Z.
Thanks;
Reza

Old 03-30-08, 01:35 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
You need to get the installer manual. Websearch using the phrase: "installer manual DSC PC1555". This contains the full trouble indicator instructions. The ones in the user manual leave stuff out.

In the FAQ sticky, there are instructions for turning off the telephone line monitor and dialer. The trouble #1 is probably just a dead/missing battery.

Old 03-30-08, 10:43 PM
S
Thanks Ron and HotinOKC, I downloaded the manual will probably get to it next weekend, will keep you posted.
Thanks;
Reza

Old 06-19-08, 06:17 PM
S
Good evening,

This is very interesting as I just moved in a house with the same system as yours. I would like my system to be connected to monitoring center. The telephone line is connected but I think communication is desabled and on phone number is programmed. The system has never been used before.
Then, have you found the way to have your alarm system calling your phone in case of problem ?
I've tried to understand the manual but not so user friendly.
Thanks

Old 06-19-08, 06:41 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
It's not a perfect solution, but you simply set the dialer up to use "pager" as the format. You won't get any real info (unless your phone has a real pager emulation), but it will at least let you know you got a call from your home number.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: