GE Networx with NX-1300E LED keypad

Old 04-12-08, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Networx with NX-1300E LED keypad

I am trying to make the keypad chime in the dissarmed mode when an entry door is opened. one door chimes now but I would like to have 2 more doors chime. The system was already installed when the home was purchased. Have an arm and disarm code.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-08, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by mrredd View Post
I am trying to make the keypad chime in the dissarmed mode when an entry door is opened. one door chimes now but I would like to have 2 more doors chime. The system was already installed when the home was purchased. Have an arm and disarm code.

You'll have to go into programming and change the zone type or zone configuration in order to make those other doors chime...Not a user friendly option with the type of keypad you have.

Old 04-13-08, 12:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
A more important question: Do these doors even _have_ contacts?

Unless someone did some unusual programming, _all_ perimeter and entry/exit zones for these systems chime by default (when chime is turned on).

Old 04-16-08, 11:29 AM
Contacts in I was wrong about arm and disarm code we have none. So i guess im starting from scrach. also found out that Zone 1 light flashes. Panel says zone one is entry no motion just door contact.

Old 04-16-08, 01:41 PM
OK More info on the nx-1300 By reading all other post I do have a code as factory 1234. zone 1 is flashing and i can not clear it by using (*) - (7). Zone 1 is an entry with a magnetic button in door frame for a metal door. How can i clear zone 1 and set alarm. I can not even by pass this zone and the manual does not explain how to force arm the system.

Last edited by mrredd; 04-16-08 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-16-08, 05:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check to see if there is a matching magnet in the door. If it is in place, it may simply been misaligned. (Often people replace doors and forget that little magnet plug in the door header)

*7 is not the bypass command on a NX system

You press the bypass key, the zone number, then you press the bypass key twice.

This is a pretty common system; the user manuals are readily available.

Old 04-17-08, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the help on by passing a zone. The front entry door is the one that is giving me trouble. Zone 1 steadily flashes on the keypad which will not alow me to arm the alarm. the manual tell me that i can clear a zone by (*)-(7). I tried this but nothing happens it still flashes. am i missing an a step before or after i push (*)-(7)? The front door is metal. Is a little magnet plug still needed?

Last edited by mrredd; 04-17-08 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-17-08, 05:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, there has to be a matching magnet for the magnetic reed switch to close.

*7 is the reset command for _smoke detectors_.

Take a refrigerator magnet and hold it to the contact. If the zone closes you are just missing the magnet. If it doesn't then either the contact or the wiring is bad.